Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-06-2010, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ferris HydroCut, Does Anybody Know Anything About Them?

I found a Ferris Hydrocut on craigslist for $1600.

I know that the mower is only a single hydro drive, how difficult are they to operate and how hard are they to operate on hills?

How about the ICC (Integrated Comfort Control) drive system, how does it work and is it better than Exmarks's ecs, Toro's T-Bar, or regular pistol grips?

I like the deck height adjustment but I don't like the single hydro.

So tell me what you guys know about these mowers, I searched for "Ferris Hydrocut" on LS and only found bout two threads They must not be that popular.

Here's the CL Ad. http://charlotte.craigslist.org/grd/1827422455.html

Here's the Ferris Website info for the HydroCut http://www.ferrisindustries.com/page...?product_id=26
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)
Old 07-06-2010, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I find it impossible to work on a hill. On flat ground its ok. I believe richardmartin is the S/N he converted it to have disc brakes so it would be as useful as a dual hydro mower.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I would use it as a gate/backyard and a hill mower, so I don't think I'm going to go for it.

Thanks guys, I do remember something about putting brakes on a mower, it could have been Richard Martin's

Here it is http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=283858
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)

Last edited by clean_cut; 07-06-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Thats the thread I was talking about. For some reason I thought he put disc brakes on but I guess he just threw some band brakes on.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the help man, I think I'm going to let this one go and wait for a dual hydro.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkownfl View Post
Thats the thread I was talking about. For some reason I thought he put disc brakes on but I guess he just threw some band brakes on.
Believe it or not when you have a manual setup (non power brakes) the band brakes are easier to use. I had disks on an old Woods SD that I had and these band brakes on my Ferris work better.
Attached Images

Tags
ferris , floating deck , hydrocut , icc , walk behind