Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-09-2013, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Gator blade help

Thought I could get the answer on this forum quicker....recently bought a Kubota ZG327 with 60" rear discharge deck. I knew there was some issues with windrowing before I purchased so no sour grapes there. We needed the rear discharge for other reasons. I've considered adding the mulch kit but would like to try a set of gator blades first. Does the rear discharge and side discharge deck take the same blades? Anyone happen to have a part number?

When I googled Gator blades I came across a site called Jacks small engines...any supporter of this site that I should also consider getting them from?

The deck is fabricated if that matters.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The G-series Gator blade is an Oregon product, so any mower shop should be able to get them.

http://www.oregonproducts.com/pro/pr...des/blades.htm

'14 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl KM55R string trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
'14 Ariens Compact 24" Sno-Thro snowblower
'08 Troy Bilt Squall 2100 21" snowblower
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Old 08-09-2013, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I would have to say you'll get better responses in the Equip section...though not sure how the moderation goes IFF you're just a homeowner.

Another thought is to just call several mower shops/dealers/distributors, whether local or regional, & and seek their advice with respect to blade choice. Have you been getting a lot of rain lately?
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 08-11-2013, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies. I gave dealer a call for the correct part number and turns out that they carry Gator Blades as well.

Valk: I made the mistake of posting in another forum here once and was made to feel like scum. Frankly that is why I quit coming. Always seems odd to me that they would talk down to potential customers or advocates. Never mind the fact that we keep two 60" ztr's rolling thru the week...the new Kubota which replaced a 60" Lazer Z Exmark and also I normally run the JD Z950A which cuts like a champ.

Again thanks for the help.

Back to lurking.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmguy View Post
Thanks for the replies. I gave dealer a call for the correct part number and turns out that they carry Gator Blades as well.

Valk: I made the mistake of posting in another forum here once and was made to feel like scum. Frankly that is why I quit coming. Always seems odd to me that they would talk down to potential customers or advocates. Never mind the fact that we keep two 60" ztr's rolling thru the week...the new Kubota which replaced a 60" Lazer Z Exmark and also I normally run the JD Z950A which cuts like a champ.

Back to lurking.
find retrodog on here. He is a Bad boy dealer in Texas, but he helps out a lot of guys with blades and what not and from what he says he is on the cheaper side. I would message him and he should give you a highly educated answer on a good blade choice for that mower.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmguy View Post

Back to lurking.
I've posted on the other side as well. My conclusion: they don't know any more, they just think they do. You're way better off over here, or on some other forums, GardenWeb is a good one.