Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-05-2010, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyhuntr View Post
Not sure on the length, maybe 12', but it is 75" across on the floor, just enough for a 72" mower to fit on it.

Thank you, it is my shop at home. 30'x60'. We bought our place at a sheriff sale. 5 acres with a 2040sqft. home and the shop.

This pic was taken before we bought the place, yard was pretty overgrown.
Congrats, 5 acres, very nice. I had 3 1/2 acres on my first home 20 years ago when I was a kid, no money for toys back then .
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
AMSOIL In Everything I own
Old 08-10-2010, 01:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Photos of Hustler Sport setup!!

I actually posted some of these photos over in the Hustler thread but have no way of knowing if it worked due to that being a moderated site prior to posting. I will just post a couple of my changes and if anyone wants to know further you can ask and I can e-mail or post more. Don't really know how this site works yet. Added a Tiny Tach / hour meter, a hitch ball that is removable so I can still use the hitch drop pin attachments, a 15 gallon sprayer and an Accelerator grass catcher. Simplicity= pull a pin and the hitch ball comes off, sprayer just lifts on and off as channel is made for the bumper, Accelerator is lift on and off. Does not get any easier than this!
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2010, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Couple more photos of MY Sport 42"

Just love the set up. Both the Hustler and the Accelerator grass catcher are first class.
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2010, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Nice setup, and very nice yard!
Old 08-11-2010, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bump>>>>>>>>>>>>
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
Old 08-11-2010, 04:07 PM
LawnSite Member

What were the main reasons you went with the Accelerator grass catcher instead of the Hustler 2-bag? I know the Hustler is around $630 and not sure how well it will work on bermuda grass cut at a 2 inch height.

Thanks
Old 08-11-2010, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Put these in the homeowner picture page I started, I bumped it up. It is a good page for homeowners to see different setups and equipment to get ideas for their own home. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=322595
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
Old 08-11-2010, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I have the Accelerator on my 36" Scag WB and really like it. Holds a bunch and still lightweight.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Golfnut7 I went with the accelerator for 3 main reasons. All proved to be right. #1 Accelerator was only $370 shipped to my door. (called the factory and got a second) could not find any damage that I would complain about!
#2 The Accelerator is one item and easy to store, implement and use! I can't stress that enough! It is also VERY well made.
#3 I have had many rear baggers. I have never had one that did not plug / jam up at some time or another. I really felt that the longer tube of the rear engine zero turn would be a problem. Some guys use them with the right blade and grass without many problems but the rear bagger cannot be as efficient and the Accelerator.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk50 View Post
Golfnut7 I went with the accelerator for 3 main reasons. All proved to be right. #1 Accelerator was only $370 shipped to my door. (called the factory and got a second) could not find any damage that I would complain about!
#2 The Accelerator is one item and easy to store, implement and use! I can't stress that enough! It is also VERY well made.
#3 I have had many rear baggers. I have never had one that did not plug / jam up at some time or another. I really felt that the longer tube of the rear engine zero turn would be a problem. Some guys use them with the right blade and grass without many problems but the rear bagger cannot be as efficient and the Accelerator.
Good logical reasons for going with an accelerator. Have you used a spidle-driven vac system on a zero turn with rear catchers? I find this to be better than side catchers, although accelerator arguably makes the best side catchers.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts