Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-14-2011, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capemay Eagle View Post
Cool, looking forward to hear about the Bobcat! Be sure to add some info along with pics when you post them in here. I don't think we have many Bobcat owners here in the Homeowner section, so it would be nice to get some info on your purchase!! I myself am thinking about selling my machine and going to a 36" Procat.

Didn't you just get the Bad Boy? What did you find about the mower that makes you want to trade? I have a Bobcat dealer near me, but have never really looked at them. Might do so now that he is also a Dolmar dealer - not that I need another saw.
Lawnboy 10227 2T push mower
Stihl BG86 handheld blower
Stihl BR550 backpack blower
Stihl KM110R kombi system with lots of attachments
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer 24-inch blades
Stihl MS260PRO
Stihl MS460
Stihl MS660
Echo SRM210 trimmer

Klotz SuperTechniplate
Old 03-14-2011, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Cool, looking forward to hear about the Bobcat! Be sure to add some info along with pics when you post them in here. I don't think we have many Bobcat owners here in the Homeowner section, so it would be nice to get some info on your purchase!! I myself am thinking about selling my machine and going to a 36" Procat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sduncan000 View Post
Sounds great! I was torn between the Procat and Ferris for the longest time.
I ended up with the Ferris (Is it time to cut grass yet?), but I would really like to see how your Procat does!
I will be sure and post pics when I get it. I went with the Procat because 2 friends have them and are very happy. First time in years I can't wait to mow
Old 03-14-2011, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS500Z View Post
Didn't you just get the Bad Boy? What did you find about the mower that makes you want to trade? I have a Bobcat dealer near me, but have never really looked at them. Might do so now that he is also a Dolmar dealer - not that I need another saw.
Yep, just bought the BB on the week of July 4th last summer!! It has like 14 hours on it The mower is just to big for my yard. I bit off more than I can chew with this mower. It does work, but as I have said in many post, I just have to many tight spots and a smaller deck and mower would be so much better, not to mention it may be fun to zip around on a smaller mower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford fanatic View Post
I will be sure and post pics when I get it. I went with the Procat because 2 friends have them and are very happy. First time in years I can't wait to mow
Sounds good, look forward to hearing all about it. congrats on your purchase!!
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
Stihl BG55 handheld blower
AMSOIL In Everything I own
Old 03-15-2011, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Yep, just bought the BB on the week of July 4th last summer!! It has like 14 hours on it The mower is just to big for my yard. I bit off more than I can chew with this mower. It does work, but as I have said in many post, I just have to many tight spots and a smaller deck and mower would be so much better, not to mention it may be fun to zip around on a smaller mower!
A 36 inch desk will only save you 3 inches per side over your BB. Is it the deck overhang that you have trouble with, or the mower size? I, obviously, do not know what your lawn looks like but if you are having trouble with a 42 inch deck maybe a mid-mount is not the type of mower that you need. Ever consider a smaller walk-behind or a stand-on?
Stihl MS260PRO
Stihl MS460
Stihl MS660
Echo SRM210 trimmer

Klotz SuperTechniplate
Old 03-15-2011, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
From what I've read...the 7900 is quite the saw...but you probably know that already...and you might have one already.

Kevin
Old 03-15-2011, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
A 36 inch desk will only save you 3 inches per side over your BB. Is it the deck overhang that you have trouble with, or the mower size? I, obviously, do not know what your lawn looks like but if you are having trouble with a 42 inch deck maybe a mid-mount is not the type of mower that you need. Ever consider a smaller walk-behind or a stand-on?
The mower itself is just to big, I owned a Hustler 42" MFT and it was perfect. I have added a pool recently and it tightened up some of my cutting lanes, so I am thinking I may just drop down to a 36" along with a smaller unit and it would really be ideal all around.

My first choice was the Hustler SD 36", it is what I wanted to buy before the BB, but winded up going with the BB on a whim and never really figured in that the mower size would be an issue, but it really is. I have just noticed on the Hustler site that they do not make that mower in a 36" or 42" anymore? They do not even have the MFT 42" anymore? It just seems like it is just the Sport in a 42". I do not want a Sport, so the best mower I can find right now in a 36" is the Procat, I will have to see this mower in person and see if it fits my needs, but right now it is the front runner!
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
Stihl BG55 handheld blower
AMSOIL In Everything I own
Old 03-15-2011, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw n mow View Post
From what I've read...the 7900 is quite the saw...but you probably know that already...and you might have one already.

Kevin
I've heard good things about a lot of the Dolmar saws so I am pleased to finally have a dealer nearby. He has just started with the line so I'll have to wait a couple of weeks for his stock to show up. The 7900 certainly does look like a nice piece; the closest that I have to it would be my MS660 which sadly has collected more dust than wood chips over the last few years.
Stihl MS260PRO
Stihl MS460
Stihl MS660
Echo SRM210 trimmer

Klotz SuperTechniplate
Old 03-15-2011, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
The mower itself is just to big, I owned a Hustler 42" MFT and it was perfect. I have added a pool recently and it tightened up some of my cutting lanes, so I am thinking I may just drop down to a 36" along with a smaller unit and it would really be ideal all around.

My first choice was the Hustler SD 36", it is what I wanted to buy before the BB, but winded up going with the BB on a whim and never really figured in that the mower size would be an issue, but it really is. I have just noticed on the Hustler site that they do not make that mower in a 36" or 42" anymore? They do not even have the MFT 42" anymore? It just seems like it is just the Sport in a 42". I do not want a Sport, so the best mower I can find right now in a 36" is the Procat, I will have to see this mower in person and see if it fits my needs, but right now it is the front runner!
How about something like a Wright stander? They make them in both 32 and 36 inch deck sizes. More compact than a mid-mount and would offer better visibility if you are weaving around a lot of obstacles. In some respects I wish I had gone with a stand-on myself.
Stihl MS260PRO
Stihl MS460
Stihl MS660
Echo SRM210 trimmer

Klotz SuperTechniplate

Last edited by IS500Z; 03-15-2011 at 02:56 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-15-2011, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Capemay, are you looking at the ProCat or FastCat Pro with a 36" deck?

Kevin
Old 03-15-2011, 03:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I've heard good things about a lot of the Dolmar saws so I am pleased to finally have a dealer nearby. He has just started with the line so I'll have to wait a couple of weeks for his stock to show up. The 7900 certainly does look like a nice piece; the closest that I have to it would be my MS660 which sadly has collected more dust than wood chips over the last few years.
Sounds like the 7900 would be a perfect saw for the Oak I cut around here. It would be the only saw I would need...except for a little 50cc saw for the really small stuff. The only way I can see myself with a 7900 is to get a HD rental unit for cheap and do the P&C swap.

Kevin