Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-09-2010, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What do I do? HELP ME WRIGHT- PLEASE!!!

I am trying to find a dealer who will service my Wright Sentar.

I received a certified letter yesterday telling of a product recall, apparently the gas tank leaks on a lot of models and is at risk of fire. Mine DOES leak along with the hydro tank cap. I wanted to get it all fixed after reading about it but the place where I bought the mower in Vancouver no longer carries them, services them or anything. I can not find another dealer ANYWHERE near Portland. There is one dealer that used to sell them and does the service on mine but apparently they are not authorized to do the warranty/recall portion, they are located in Gresham (Moens Machinary).

My question to the Wright rep on here can they be authorized? or can you give a location that is close so I can get it fixed? This is definitely a BIG frustration-no freakin dealers around here!!!! This is a major city too.

HELP!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2010, 02:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

wow... nothing?

I did more research today and there are no dealers within 100 miles minimum. I am trying to understand why. What happened to the west coast dealers?
Old 07-11-2010, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear about your predicament.

They WILL get back to you. It seems that they only post replies during normal business hours. And from what I've seen, they may take a little time to reply, but when they reply, they usually have a solution.

And they are usually pretty good about handling things even if there is not a dealer near by. I've had excellent customer service even though I don't have a dealer that I work with.

Hope it all works out for you!
Old 07-11-2010, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro 44 View Post
Sorry to hear about your predicament.

They WILL get back to you. It seems that they only post replies during normal business hours. And from what I've seen, they may take a little time to reply, but when they reply, they usually have a solution.

And they are usually pretty good about handling things even if there is not a dealer near by. I've had excellent customer service even though I don't have a dealer that I work with.

Hope it all works out for you!
Thanks. I think it will (work out) I just want them to hurry because according to the letter I only have a brief window to get it fixed (not sure why that is)

I am sure I will geta reply this next week at some point.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Sponsor

jsf343,

We have a solution worked out with the Distributor for your area, please give us a call so we can get you taken care of, 301-360-9810.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightCommercial View Post
jsf343,

We have a solution worked out with the Distributor for your area, please give us a call so we can get you taken care of, 301-360-9810.

Best Regards

Hello,
Hello,

I received the word of approval from you guys about taking my mower to Moens, I left a message about getting in touch with them they would like to iron out all the details FIRST before getting started. I have left messages for someone to call them (I left all the contact info) but to date it still has not happened.

Can someone who is dealing with this please call them and iron everything out? I would really appreciate it.

Again... Moens (503)666-9159 ask for Justin or Greg (Justin is the one dealing with all of this)

Thanks.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Sponsor

jsf343,

Not a problem this will be taken care of today.

Best Regards
Old 07-16-2010, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

thank you!

I called them and let them know you guys will be in touch soon. They can not start any work until they hear from you guys for the authorization.

thanks again,

Jeff
Old 07-25-2010, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hello again,

Can somebody give me an update on the parts being shipped to Moen's? Have they left yet? Seems like this is taking much longer than it should, I figured they would have been there by mid week at the latest.

Not trying to be a pest, I just want to get this done, I need that mower to be in a good and safe working condition.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 07-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Sponsor

jsf343,

The tank shipped on 7/14/10. I just spoke with Greg at Moen (Great guy by the way) and he has the tank. Give them a call and Greg will get you taken care of.

Best regards
WMI Service Dept.