Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-16-2010, 05:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

We have done a few but none using the rubber liner, what we do is form the concrete and brush on a rubber membrane, I think the product is made by "king". Has worked good up to now.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am not familiar with specs for Swimming Pool construction. Is there an accepted drainage grade on the decking/skirting? Is it poured to drain water toward or away from the Pool? If it can be poured to drain toward the pool the liner can be laid directly on the deck/skirt. The installation that I pictured had a slight poolward grade so I didn't need to make any modifications to alter the drainage grade. I don't know if that was intentionally poured that way or if it was a shoddy job. If you need to alter the existing deck/skirt grade I think any material that you feel comfortable using would work.
The mortaring that I referred to was for tying the rock together (if you don't trust your dry-stacking ability). The installation I pictured is entirely dry stacked.
PM me if this is not completely clear.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

In my area the building code on pool decking calls for drainage away from the pool. Every pool I have encountered drains this way, not to say that we landscape around pools every day! More like 4 or 5 per summer.

The pool companies in our area usually do their own landscaping.....then the homeowners call us to fix them as soon as they can afford it!!