Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #71  
Old 07-13-2010, 07:12 PM
jimmyjack's Avatar
jimmyjack jimmyjack is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: portsmouth ri
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
He said $32 an hour... And he complains?

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you got to be kidding me i just all respect for him ..... thats like 65,000 a year living in moms basement and your complaining .......boy id love to see the thread if you had real things to worry about
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 07-13-2010, 07:15 PM
mxridernorth mxridernorth is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Saanich
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjack View Post
REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you got to be kidding me i just all respect for him ..... thats like 65,000 a year living in moms basement and your complaining .......boy id love to see the thread if you had real things to worry about
But you have to remember, that's stress pay in there too... Heaven knows what it's like to be berated by old people all day
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 07-13-2010, 07:45 PM
DirtMerchant's Avatar
DirtMerchant DirtMerchant is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dawson Creek, BC
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmtnmartin View Post
I started an online petition to have GR shmitcanned a while back, but it was removed. Probably just as well. I take some of his stuff personally being from the same part of the world. But my biggest issue is......I am is NOT a contraction!
Did he say he was going to get someone to beat you up for him?
lol.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 07-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Gravel Rat Gravel Rat is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 9,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjack View Post
REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you got to be kidding me i just all respect for him ..... thats like 65,000 a year living in moms basement and your complaining .......boy id love to see the thread if you had real things to worry about
I wish I made 65,000 a year I make 23 dollars per hour and gross 43,000 a year and my take home is pay is 31,000 a year. My benefits are 50/50 I pay half the gov't pays half plus union dues etc.

With me making 31,000 a year cheapest rent if you can find it is 850 a month or 10,200 a year in rent most places are 1000 a month or 12 grand a year for rent.

It is a steady job for now who knows what is going to happen when you have the biggest crook in Canada Gordon Campbell who has been charged with drinking and driving in Hawaii and he is in charge of the gov't here.

Not much you can do there will be business dropping like flies because there isn't enough work to survive. After 4 years of struggling many are going to give up and claim bankruptsy. A person can only take so much of keeping their head above water.

The prawn fishermen lost a easy 100 grand this season they usually make upwards of 300,000 dollars for 2 months worth of work. The salmon fishermen won't be going out this year they usually make 150,000 for one opening of fishing.

I know a few excavation contractors that would probably sell their business for 1 dollar just to get out.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 07-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Gravel Rat Gravel Rat is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 9,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtMerchant View Post
Did he say he was going to get someone to beat you up for him?
lol.
Why would I want to have somebody beat up I don't beleive in violence and I don't beleive in guns either unless they are for hunting purposes

There is a few Hells Angels passing through the area they might be interested in beating somebody up for fun
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 07-13-2010, 10:27 PM
BrandonV's Avatar
BrandonV BrandonV is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asheboro, NC
Posts: 3,681
at least if yall are deunionized you won't have to pay the dues... that's all union are now, just leeches to suck $ from you and your employer
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 07-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Dirtman2007's Avatar
Dirtman2007 Dirtman2007 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 4,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Rat View Post
I wish I made 65,000 a year I make 23 dollars per hour and gross 43,000 a year and my take home is pay is 31,000 a year. My benefits are 50/50 I pay half the gov't pays half plus union dues etc.

With me making 31,000 a year cheapest rent if you can find it is 850 a month or 10,200 a year in rent most places are 1000 a month or 12 grand a year for rent.

It is a steady job for now who knows what is going to happen when you have the biggest crook in Canada Gordon Campbell who has been charged with drinking and driving in Hawaii and he is in charge of the gov't here.

Not much you can do there will be business dropping like flies because there isn't enough work to survive. After 4 years of struggling many are going to give up and claim bankruptsy. A person can only take so much of keeping their head above water.

The prawn fishermen lost a easy 100 grand this season they usually make upwards of 300,000 dollars for 2 months worth of work. The salmon fishermen won't be going out this year they usually make 150,000 for one opening of fishing.

I know a few excavation contractors that would probably sell their business for 1 dollar just to get out.
Ok I've kept my quiet long enough but damnit, I make 14 a hour. My mortgage is 800 a month and then throw utilities and food on top of that I'm looking at like 1200+ a month. I also have a truck payment and insurance. I have no promises with my job as nobody knows what the economy will do. Did that stop me from getting a house, Hell NO. I'm 22, its time to get out of the house. Find A roommate to help will the bills and it can be done. Oh yeah having a positive attitude on life can be a huge Plus.
__________________
Chris

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"


http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18


New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 07-14-2010, 12:27 AM
RockSet N' Grade RockSet N' Grade is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Kaysville, Utah
Posts: 2,454
If it walks like a duck, has feathers like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck...........odds are pretty fair it is a duck. Nothing has changed - except a few more months and years have gone by and Groveling Rot is still singing the same song. Good example to all of us as we all hold on to our own belief systems - even if it is killing us.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Gravel Rat Gravel Rat is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 9,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
Ok I've kept my quiet long enough but damnit, I make 14 a hour. My mortgage is 800 a month and then throw utilities and food on top of that I'm looking at like 1200+ a month. I also have a truck payment and insurance. I have no promises with my job as nobody knows what the economy will do. Did that stop me from getting a house, Hell NO. I'm 22, its time to get out of the house. Find A roommate to help will the bills and it can be done. Oh yeah having a positive attitude on life can be a huge Plus.
I doubt buying a house on land isn't possible in this area so it maybe time to look for a live aboard boat.

My brother pays close to 1800 month mortage payment on his 320,000 dollar house. I can't afford 1800 a month the bank says no way the most I can pay is 600 a month.

A house is the least of my worries right now especially with realestate prices dropping the value is dropping. A place that sold in the area was gov't accessed at 2.5 million sold for 1.9 million. Many places that are gov't accessed are selling for 30-40% less. Give it another year the prices will be at rock bottom unless something happens. Baby boomers are broke and there isn't any young people that want to buy here with no work left here unless you want to work in a grocery store.

The bad part and the one of the reasons why I started this post is things are worse work wise than it was back in 96-2002 when the last recession happened. Nodody worked for free and there wasn't under cutting but there was 50% less contractors fighting for the work.

When I was in landscaping in 1996 I could count the how many landscapers on one hand. If I bought a mini excavator in 96 I would have been the 3rd machine servicing the area today there is 15 mini excavators servicing the same area. Take a drive around the area you see the homeowners that bought their own mini excavators just for working on their own property they had no problem spending 40-50,000 on a mini excavator to dig a garden and landscape their property.

In the 4 year economic boom equipment dealers sold more brand new excavators from 2002 to 2006. The Komatsu salesman sold 10 excavators in one month I knew the salesman he made a killing. Contractors were paying cash money for a brandnew machine. Those Komatsu excavators are mostly sitting in the contractors yards with no work.

Today all you can do is watch guys loose everything they own and worked for.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 07-14-2010, 01:29 AM
Ozz's Avatar
Ozz Ozz is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: I bounce from place to place.
Posts: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
Ok I've kept my quiet long enough but damnit, I make 14 a hour. My mortgage is 800 a month and then throw utilities and food on top of that I'm looking at like 1200+ a month. I also have a truck payment and insurance. I have no promises with my job as nobody knows what the economy will do. Did that stop me from getting a house, Hell NO. I'm 22, its time to get out of the house. Find A roommate to help will the bills and it can be done. Oh yeah having a positive attitude on life can be a huge Plus.
Amen. How's the roomie doing? Last one I was with, I started a massive "confrentatiion" art one of the parties and I was thrown out of the house.

Yah, I'm an arse kicker. Lol.
__________________
Sean- Some people call me "El Hombre"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 AM.

Page generated in 0.11709 seconds with 8 queries