Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-14-2010, 07:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Rat View Post
I doubt buying a house on land isn't possible in this area so it maybe time to look for a live aboard boat.

My brother pays close to 1800 month mortage payment on his 320,000 dollar house. I can't afford 1800 a month the bank says no way the most I can pay is 600 a month.

uhh... You don't need a 320K house.

You talk about wanting to work, yada yada.... If your gonna make money doing dirt work you need to be better than everyone else. Offer something someone else doesn't... Too many people doing it.

My dad owns his own business in a town of 10-12K people. By far the most expensive guy in town. He is also the most busy in town... Gotta find a niche and go with it. Not much of a niche in dirt work anymore. Sitting around crying on a forum isn't going to get you anywhere.

600 a month, get a roommate and get on with life. If you don't have any friends then that's your own fault.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I doubt buying a house on land isn't possible in this area so it maybe time to look for a live aboard boat.

My brother pays close to 1800 month mortage payment on his 320,000 dollar house. I can't afford 1800 a month the bank says no way the most I can pay is 600 a month.
im still not seeing something ...ok so you say 600 is all you can afford , what bills could u have living at home that 600 is all the extra money u have to send on a place weather it was rent or a house payment

cant you ever make a post about yourself with out saying something about everyone around u .......aleast they took a chance with things , you sound like you live in a bubble and if u just stay home everything will be fine , you talk about this brother of yours .....u the youngest in your family???
Old 07-14-2010, 12:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Gravel has blamed every person you can think of except for him self. Isnt that right GR? Il bet he repplies to this post by blaming the government, or the baby boomers, or the guys who aparently work for free. Getting old real quick, can you not make up a twitter or facebook account and blog on there to all of your fisherman and contractor friends who have it so bad?

Seriously you have chased away alot of good knowledgeable members with your annoyingness and stupidity.

A.E.L

Excavating, Grading, Demolition, Land Clearing, Custom Grinding Services, Storm water management, Erosion Control.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can’t find them, make them. Gr in my opinion self-examination is the only path out of misery. And blame is the favorite pastime of those who dislike responsibility. And you're not the only one, every passing face on the street represents a story every bit as compelling and complicated as yours.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Any more work? hahah

SOLO OPERATION
Old 07-14-2010, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtMerchant View Post
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can’t find them, make them. Gr in my opinion self-examination is the only path out of misery. And blame is the favorite pastime of those who dislike responsibility. And you're not the only one, every passing face on the street represents a story every bit as compelling and complicated as yours.
Damn dude, are you seeing a hot psychiatrist or something?

Sounds just like what a haed shrink would say!

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 07-15-2010, 02:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
Damn dude, are you seeing a hot psychiatrist or something?

Sounds just like what a haed shrink would say!

Nope, just dumped the Yoga teacher. I took some night psych courses a while back, went on a date with girl in her 4th years and ended up helping her with her school work. When it comes to that stuff and math I used to be quite the nerd. Now I'm just a lowly operator/middleman. I surprise the **** out of people every once in a while though with something I'll say. It's always fun.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Talking to one of the excavation contractors yesterday I asked are you busy he said no, he decided he is taking the summer off said there is absolutely nothing going on out there so his two 20 ton hoes are sitting with no work along with his mini excavator.

Took a look in another contractors yard the other day and they have 2 20 ton hoes sitting 2 16 ton hoes 1 rubber tired back hoe sitting and 2 dump trucks not a good thing having a bunch of equipment sitting and guys laid off. It doesn't matter what size of machine you have from 1.5 tons to 45 tons there isn't much work for it.

I have quite a few people saying to me this week your lucky you have a steady job. Talking to one of the managers and yes a good chance my job will be gone in 2012 but I can transfer somewhere else I will have enough senority and my qualifications I can bump lower senority employees and apply for another position.

All other construction trades like electricians plumbers etc are not that busy either these guys are looking for jobs. There is some projects they are still finishing. Carpenters are sitting at home with very little construction going on there is no new houses being built

One good thing about today it is pay day I get my guaranteed 1300 dollar pay check
Old 07-15-2010, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
It doesn't matter what size of machine you have from 1.5 tons to 45 tons there isn't much work for it.

One good thing about today it is pay day I get my guaranteed 1300 dollar pay check
Wow. Then why are there demo guys thta are running maxed out in North Cali,Oregon, Washington a lower B.C? (Northwest Demo) They've got two Komatsu 400-7/8s, one's a hi-reach demo, and three Volvo 460Bs running? There's a bunch of 320s running for NWD too, and if I remember, they've got a 301 working inside a plant.

There are several 375s running around the PNW too.

But yay, an ounce of positivity.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Considering the huge real estate bubble in Canada and that the government there is on the hook for many of those loans, I would think that the future would be better for agriculture. Once the US dollar implodes it will drive up interest rates for all of north America. That will make the Canadian debt levels unsustainable. I wonder if that will mean more demolition work and jobs cleaning out and rehabilitating foreclosed properties...LOL!