Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-12-2010, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Member

First equipment purchase: ZTR Toro Z, etc?

Hey Everyone-
I normally read alot more than I post, but it's time for me to get serious and buy some equipment (I finally sold my car, so I have some funds). I'm looking for a medium-sized mower and equip. that will have handle expanding from my 9 current yards to 20-25 yds next season, I hope. My 2 part question:

1. Craigslist has a Toro Z w/ 44" deck and 20 hp engine (?) and only 350 hrs with a 5x12 trailer set up with trimmer, blower, water-cooler racks, etc in my area. I have yet to inspect it, but the guy's asking $4,600. Someone getting out of the business. Just wanted to confirm that's fair, but waybe he left a little wiggle room in there. Seems a tap high?

2. For my main weedeater/blower/edger equipment, do y'all recommend buying new stuff? I will probably buy some used back-up/duplicate equipment, but is it more of a hassle trying to fight/fix used stuff that's just more worn-out than it is to just suck it up and buy the new stuff (also, previous owner's care can vary greatly)?

Thanks; y'all are always quite insightful.

Alex W.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Member

I forgot to mention that we have a Shindowa/Stihl dealer here that's pushing the BR380 backpack blowers real hard. Are they worth the $350.00? They tell me they're better than the more expensive models, and that dosen't sound like any sales talk I've heard before. What abt the Shindy's?

Tags
equipment , mower , sale , toro , ztr