Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-28-2002, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi guys I'am a new member to this site

Hi guys I'am just posting here to say hello and I hope I can be any help to answer some of the questions or get some of my questions answered.
Old 07-28-2002, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Location: The Hottest driest city next to Hades - Denver Colorado
Always good to have some new input
Old 08-04-2002, 06:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Gravel Rat said:

Quote:
Theres no business like the Excavation business playing in the dirt with big toys.
I always tell people that "They say, The one who dies with the most toys wins. I may not die with the *most* toys, but I get to spend all day long playing with mine, and I get paid to do it..."
Old 08-04-2002, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to the board

Rick
Old 08-04-2002, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the welcome guys theres alot of stuff I don't know about Skid Steers and the smaller equipment used in the landscaping so I will learn alot here. One thing I don't have is a green thumb I kill most of the stuff I try grow or I end up killing part of a customers garden doing a excavating job. I had one job todo with my Brush Cutter (Stihl FS85) and the lady told me to clear all the heavy grass etc in front of her place and I ended up flattening out a garden in the process I couldn't tell it was so over grown it looked like weeds.

The lady wasn't too happy about it I told her look on the brightside you won't have to weed this patch of garden she ended up liking the look of just grass so the garden never went back.

I try not todo the lawn and garden work that much now its just too damn hard to please people that hire ya because they figure the job isn't good enough or they don't like the price they get charged. The biggest comment that bugs me the most is you are charging too much we can get a school kid to come and do it cheaper. Fine with me my thing is if the homeowner b*tches once thats it I'am not going back I tell them find someone else or a student. So they do and after the other person does the job I get called back because the Student took too longer doing the same job or he or she screwed up thehomeowner realizes I'am giving them a good job for the price.

If this customer has only complained once I will sometimes go back and keep working for them and usually they don't say a word.

Anyhow enough rambling along some customers are good some are bad get enough of the good ones it makes up for the bad ones
Old 09-08-2002, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I found u again!

:blob3: That's right Kenworth/Green Leaker/Gravel Rat, I found you again hey don't we belong over on f-d.com poking fun at those d*dges and shooting down that d-max? By the way anyone want to race a d-max?