Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-19-2010, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Location: Louisville KY mainly... I bounce from place to place.
Whch way to go...

Well, I'm keeping my 941B.

Now, what the hell do I do? I'm thinking of hiring another person, teaching them everything I know, buying some OPE, and doing other work. I'm thinking two three-saw plans, another cheepie track loader, and letting them do some work by themselves.

Or, do I take the 763 I see with 1500 hours, selectable controls, a GP bucket, and a grapple, buy a set of forks, and try to break into the skid steer buisness? Again, with another peron?

Anyway, by the three saw plan I meant Jonny Red 2171/wrap for the big saw and a 346XP for the litle saw, with a 395 and wrap for stumping and the big stuff.. Or, you could give me an aussie 3120 (R limited to 12,500 instead of 9.6K in the US, and an adjustable carb, unlike the US version) Jonny Red 2171and a 346XP, lol.

The bottom line, is that the bigger guys are squeezing in on me, very much like Ron's brother, and I've got to grow, or lose the biz, which is something I will not do.

So, clear more. Or, start stone work/ skid services. Or, I could get my arborist cert, and do some more technichal tree work- where at the end of the day I feel like doing this-
Old 07-19-2010, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'll make you a package deal: The 440/VTS, Mustang MTL16, TK153, both hydroseeders, Kodiak and F550. Then you are equipped and you can go wild.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Location: Louisville KY mainly... I bounce from place to place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
I'll make you a package deal: The 440/VTS, Mustang MTL16, TK153, both hydroseeders, Kodiak and F550. Then you are equipped and you can go wild.
And if I get them, do I have to hire you?
Old 07-19-2010, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ozz,
What are you using to tow the 941 with? it seems like most of what you do is clearing and tree work so anything you get should be to help you get better at that job. i asked about the truck because i have been seeing some good deals on chipper trucks. and chippers are easy to find at rental centers. this would go along with your pan to get an arborist cert. do what you already do just do it better(with more certs). with a chipper truck and the certs you may be able to go after more contract work for utility companies and the like. maybe a bucket truck with chipper bed. you know what would help more.
good luck,
Root Grapple
Box Blade
12" & 24" backhoe buckets
TT300E
Dingo TX425
GRI
Old 07-19-2010, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
And if I get them, do I have to hire you?
You don't have too. And the dog is not included. How would I fit in down South?

I'll give you a serious answer later...
Old 07-19-2010, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

arborist cert sucks. Its alot of boring work. Just sayin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Stuve, you could always come work with me. Heck I'd let you run the show, you know you are way smarter than I am. Lol

j.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Well, I'm keeping my 941B.

Now, what the hell do I do? I'm thinking of hiring another person, teaching them everything I know, buying some OPE, and doing other work. I'm thinking two three-saw plans, another cheepie track loader, and letting them do some work by themselves.

Or, do I take the 763 I see with 1500 hours, selectable controls, a GP bucket, and a grapple, buy a set of forks, and try to break into the skid steer buisness? Again, with another peron?

Anyway, by the three saw plan I meant Jonny Red 2171/wrap for the big saw and a 346XP for the litle saw, with a 395 and wrap for stumping and the big stuff.. Or, you could give me an aussie 3120 (R limited to 12,500 instead of 9.6K in the US, and an adjustable carb, unlike the US version) Jonny Red 2171and a 346XP, lol.

The bottom line, is that the bigger guys are squeezing in on me, very much like Ron's brother, and I've got to grow, or lose the biz, which is something I will not do.

So, clear more. Or, start stone work/ skid services. Or, I could get my arborist cert, and do some more technichal tree work- where at the end of the day I feel like doing this-
The real question is.....What would GR do?
Old 07-19-2010, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
The real question is.....What would GR do?
GR never woulda got as far as Ozz has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Peterson Grading View Post
Stuve, you could always come work with me. Heck I'd let you run the show, you know you are way smarter than I am. Lol

j.
I don't know, you would end up with way too much equipment if you left me the credit card. ...But you probably could keep selling the work so it would be all good. You got Cuties in Iowa right?

I'm not going to give up, I just want to sell off stuff to move to the next level - Cranberries! I'm not kidding either, just don't need most of what I have and need to raise Benji's to make it happen.

Back to Ozzy's dilemma, what do you do that you make the most on?