Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Ozz's Avatar
Ozz Ozz is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Louisville KY mainly... I bounce from place to place.
Posts: 795
Whch way to go...

Well, I'm keeping my 941B.

Now, what the hell do I do? I'm thinking of hiring another person, teaching them everything I know, buying some OPE, and doing other work. I'm thinking two three-saw plans, another cheepie track loader, and letting them do some work by themselves.

Or, do I take the 763 I see with 1500 hours, selectable controls, a GP bucket, and a grapple, buy a set of forks, and try to break into the skid steer buisness? Again, with another peron?

Anyway, by the three saw plan I meant Jonny Red 2171/wrap for the big saw and a 346XP for the litle saw, with a 395 and wrap for stumping and the big stuff.. Or, you could give me an aussie 3120 (R limited to 12,500 instead of 9.6K in the US, and an adjustable carb, unlike the US version) Jonny Red 2171and a 346XP, lol.

The bottom line, is that the bigger guys are squeezing in on me, very much like Ron's brother, and I've got to grow, or lose the biz, which is something I will not do.

So, clear more. Or, start stone work/ skid services. Or, I could get my arborist cert, and do some more technichal tree work- where at the end of the day I feel like doing this-
__________________
Sean- Applying old school fixes to new problems.
Caterpillar and Komatsu heavy equipment, Husqvarna saws, Stihl everything else that runs on gas.
Je joue la guitare basse aussi.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-19-2010, 07:13 PM
stuvecorp's Avatar
stuvecorp stuvecorp is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: lake wissota, wi
Posts: 5,142
I'll make you a package deal: The 440/VTS, Mustang MTL16, TK153, both hydroseeders, Kodiak and F550. Then you are equipped and you can go wild.
__________________
Do or do not. There is no try. yoda
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Ozz's Avatar
Ozz Ozz is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Louisville KY mainly... I bounce from place to place.
Posts: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
I'll make you a package deal: The 440/VTS, Mustang MTL16, TK153, both hydroseeders, Kodiak and F550. Then you are equipped and you can go wild.
And if I get them, do I have to hire you?
__________________
Sean- Applying old school fixes to new problems.
Caterpillar and Komatsu heavy equipment, Husqvarna saws, Stihl everything else that runs on gas.
Je joue la guitare basse aussi.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-19-2010, 08:20 PM
tnmtn's Avatar
tnmtn tnmtn is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NE Tn.
Posts: 991
Ozz,
What are you using to tow the 941 with? it seems like most of what you do is clearing and tree work so anything you get should be to help you get better at that job. i asked about the truck because i have been seeing some good deals on chipper trucks. and chippers are easy to find at rental centers. this would go along with your pan to get an arborist cert. do what you already do just do it better(with more certs). with a chipper truck and the certs you may be able to go after more contract work for utility companies and the like. maybe a bucket truck with chipper bed. you know what would help more.
good luck,
__________________
'78 Chevy C65 Dump
'94 F-350 7.3 IDI
Bobcat B300
Root Grapple
Box Blade
12" & 24" backhoe buckets
TT300E
Dingo TX425
GRI
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-19-2010, 08:28 PM
stuvecorp's Avatar
stuvecorp stuvecorp is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: lake wissota, wi
Posts: 5,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
And if I get them, do I have to hire you?
You don't have too. And the dog is not included. How would I fit in down South?

I'll give you a serious answer later...
__________________
Do or do not. There is no try. yoda
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Junior M's Avatar
Junior M Junior M is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,105
arborist cert sucks. Its alot of boring work. Just sayin...
__________________
Southeastern Services


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-19-2010, 11:22 PM
J. Peterson Grading J. Peterson Grading is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IA
Posts: 989
Stuve, you could always come work with me. Heck I'd let you run the show, you know you are way smarter than I am. Lol

j.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-19-2010, 11:27 PM
nepatsfan nepatsfan is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Franklin MA
Posts: 3,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Well, I'm keeping my 941B.

Now, what the hell do I do? I'm thinking of hiring another person, teaching them everything I know, buying some OPE, and doing other work. I'm thinking two three-saw plans, another cheepie track loader, and letting them do some work by themselves.

Or, do I take the 763 I see with 1500 hours, selectable controls, a GP bucket, and a grapple, buy a set of forks, and try to break into the skid steer buisness? Again, with another peron?

Anyway, by the three saw plan I meant Jonny Red 2171/wrap for the big saw and a 346XP for the litle saw, with a 395 and wrap for stumping and the big stuff.. Or, you could give me an aussie 3120 (R limited to 12,500 instead of 9.6K in the US, and an adjustable carb, unlike the US version) Jonny Red 2171and a 346XP, lol.

The bottom line, is that the bigger guys are squeezing in on me, very much like Ron's brother, and I've got to grow, or lose the biz, which is something I will not do.

So, clear more. Or, start stone work/ skid services. Or, I could get my arborist cert, and do some more technichal tree work- where at the end of the day I feel like doing this-
The real question is.....What would GR do?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Junior M's Avatar
Junior M Junior M is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
The real question is.....What would GR do?
GR never woulda got as far as Ozz has.
__________________
Southeastern Services


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-19-2010, 11:36 PM
stuvecorp's Avatar
stuvecorp stuvecorp is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: lake wissota, wi
Posts: 5,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Peterson Grading View Post
Stuve, you could always come work with me. Heck I'd let you run the show, you know you are way smarter than I am. Lol

j.
I don't know, you would end up with way too much equipment if you left me the credit card. ...But you probably could keep selling the work so it would be all good. You got Cuties in Iowa right?

I'm not going to give up, I just want to sell off stuff to move to the next level - Cranberries! I'm not kidding either, just don't need most of what I have and need to raise Benji's to make it happen.

Back to Ozzy's dilemma, what do you do that you make the most on?
__________________
Do or do not. There is no try. yoda
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:01 AM.

Page generated in 0.10520 seconds with 7 queries