Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-11-2010, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

we hear they do but we are a see it to believe it kinda crowd, video of plugs please!
Old 10-13-2010, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnSolutionsCP View Post
It is very smooth even more than a mower. We added dampeners to the control linkages which are direct and very tight and responsive.
Posted via Mobile Device
video should show what kind of plugs it pulls and spacing don't you think.

Also why do you call it lawn solutions, you should call it one bad arse aerator. lol
1-Z-Spray Int
1-Permagreen Mag
4-backpackmistblowers
1-Four Wheeler with 50ft air blast mist sprayer
1-F-250 4x4 supercab p/u
1-E-250 van
1-E-150 van
2-landscape trailers
a ton of backpack sprayers
Old 10-16-2010, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Id love to demo one.

In my never ending quest to find an aerator that doesn't beat the hell out of me AND is productive, Id love to try it out....

Id be willing to split the cost with someone from NW Ohio if interested-
Old 10-19-2010, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nobody has one yet? Anyone want to sell their single hydro ls aerator that is expecting one of these? Any word on how much the dually is shipped?
Old 10-19-2010, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Proto type

Used the prototype in 1st pic on this thread and we did two passes on a 36K property = 72K total in 1.5 hours - very smooth and pulled 2 inch plugs in some pretty dry soil. Also did my back yard - which was irrigated and pulled up to 4 inch plugs.

After we did the double pass we did one pass with the TR and seeded. Awesome combination - aeration + seed plus the tines on the seeder pulverized all the plugs.

The reason we aerated before seeding is this is an unirrigated area in a high profile community. The turf grass was clumpy (K31 fescue) and we were worried about the tines hitting the soil from the seeder. The hydro aerator really leveled the field and we got really good contact after two passes with the seeder and the seeder threw the thatch/dirt/cut up plugs back over the seed (out the back of the seeder). Great for combo for clumpy areas!
Old 02-10-2011, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

alright. been a while since last post. I am interested in a new aerator. anyone know if they are selling these yet? calling LS tomorrow. time to upgrade.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with other posts, I'd love to see some pics or up close video of the actual plugs. It seems that all of the LS videos are the same, nice video of a guy going back and forth with the machine but we never get to see what the real outcome is. Just because it looks cool and it's really easy to operate, if it doesn't pull very good plugs or if it requires going over the lawn 2 times to get the same amount of plugs that an old style drum-type ryan will do in one, then is it really worth it? I don't have LS dealers around here so I can't look at one or demo one. I'd have to go solely on what I can see in pictures or read. I'm also in need of a new aerator and want something that's the best out there.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:00 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I purchased the very 1st unit (wb) ls built, it pulls a lot of deep thick plugs. The new unit is built around the concept of the original, im sure it works just as well if not better.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

This is my son aerating some old sod. We bought this unit new last fall.

If it's hard to see the cores in the photo, it's because there aren't very many, and the ones that are there aren't very deep.

Maybe I need to add some more weight, but I'll be darned if I'm going to spend $85 + shipping for a hunk of cement with a u-bolt sticking out of it. I'm going to make some more by using the existing one as a form.

Note spinning right wheel. This is a constant problem. If the ground isn't perfectly level, you will be fighting this machine all day long.

Also a lot of fun running up a ramp, as mentioned in several other threads, but you get used to that after a while.

It sure looks easy in the video, though, doesn't it?
Old 02-11-2011, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rose View Post
I agree with other posts, I'd love to see some pics or up close video of the actual plugs. It seems that all of the LS videos are the same, nice video of a guy going back and forth with the machine but we never get to see what the real outcome is. Just because it looks cool and it's really easy to operate, if it doesn't pull very good plugs or if it requires going over the lawn 2 times to get the same amount of plugs that an old style drum-type ryan will do in one, then is it really worth it? I don't have LS dealers around here so I can't look at one or demo one. I'd have to go solely on what I can see in pictures or read. I'm also in need of a new aerator and want something that's the best out there.
You ever hear of You Tube? There are tons of videos of LS aerators - up close, pulling plugs the 11 minute one shows all the latest and there is a ton of threads on this site telling everybody of not only the history, evolution and improvements but how well they work, money you can make and why they are the best compared to the ryans, pluggers, claussens and turfco's. Do some digging on the site and go to -
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...s+aerator&aq=0