Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-24-2010, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Exc. View Post
I went and looked at this TL240 the other day.It was sweet!

Why are you behind the fence? Bad Credit or were they closed...
Old 07-24-2010, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbi View Post
I've owned enough Bobcats so far to say enough.
Stone age problems include: Buckets falling off machines with lees than 1000 hours due to a flimsy face plate (my old salt riddled 773 doesn't have this problem), repeated power bobtach failures, new a/c hoses on all 4 machines I own that have a/c, new a/c compressors, repeated hand control fauilures, track adjuster failures, idler failures with less than 1000 hrs, keyless control failure ( it's real nice when you are working along and the machine just quits and maybe it will refire and maybe it won't. $600 for a new panel or $200 for a key panel), small cabs, poor entry grab bars, unprotected hyd couplers, trying to clean the track is like trying to stuff 5#'s of **** in a 3 # bag, accumulator failures, a swing problem that no one has been able to fix and the list goes on.

I stayed loyal as long as I could but I'm sick of being told I've never seen that happen before so .................

TBI!!!!!!!
I hope you have a good salesman which can only do so much. It sounds like there are some lemon issues there to have so many issues. I have been selling since 2001 and haven't had a customer with so many problems. You seem to have named the most common ones of them all.

The bucket failures: For us, the 72" fertilizer buckets.(Won't hold up)
Power-tach failures are not that common...
A/C Hoses/Compressors, No big issue:
Hand controls are getting betterThere is a 3 year or 3000 Hour warranty right now on them)
Track adjuster is now re-buildable.
Idller failers???(Not in these times)Unless you had a 864.
Keyless panel: If had a problem with this than it was a lemon..
Small cabs:Sit in a JD or ASV:
Poor entry grab bars; ????????
Unprotected hyd. Couplers:My phone rings everyday for replacement couplers from my customers: (Never since 2001)
Cleaning Tracks: Own a Cat or Asv)
Accumulator failuresDead on with this one) Bobcat is getting this right and the warranty makes it easier to deal with......

Tbi, If the dealer doesn't help you with your issues than jump ship and see if the grass is greener....IR, did get lazy and hurt the product in the long run....If customers don't want the LCD screens, just get the key ignition.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SellingIron View Post
TBI!!!!!!!
I hope you have a good salesman which can only do so much. It sounds like there are some lemon issues there to have so many issues. I have been selling since 2001 and haven't had a customer with so many problems. You seem to have named the most common ones of them all.

The bucket failures: For us, the 72" fertilizer buckets.(Won't hold up)
Power-tach failures are not that common...
A/C Hoses/Compressors, No big issue:
Hand controls are getting betterThere is a 3 year or 3000 Hour warranty right now on them)
Idller failers???(Not in these times)Unless you had a 864.
Keyless panel: If had a problem with this than it was a lemon..
Poor entry grab bars; ????????
Unprotected hyd. Couplers:My phone rings everyday for replacement couplers from my customers: (Never since 2001)
Accumulator failuresDead on with this one) Bobcat is getting this right and the warranty makes it easier to deal with......

Tbi, If the dealer doesn't help you with your issues than jump ship and see if the grass is greener....IR, did get lazy and hurt the product in the long run....If customers don't want the LCD screens, just get the key ignition.
A simple machine should never have so many little problems, now introduce more electronics in a new frame that has yet to be tested in a real world environment and watch the Bobcat bashing begin.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 07-24-2010, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
A simple machine should never have so many little problems, now introduce more electronics in a new frame that has yet to be tested in a real world environment and watch the Bobcat bashing begin.
B-Ron, You have brown (****) on the end of your nose. You kiss the AZZ of any machine you own!!!!. Bobcat has never been simple because they have always been the leader. If you think they build a new machine and stick it in the market than your a jack-A$$. It is well tested...I have been there....

Bobcat needs to stop making so many models and focus on customer need.

They have more electronics? LCD Keyless has always been there....Get a keyed igniton if you are ole Skool....It takes 3 minutts to change out...
Old 07-24-2010, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
B-Ron, You have brown (****) on the end of your nose. You kiss the AZZ of any machine you own!!!!. Bobcat has never been simple because they have always been the leader. If you think they build a new machine and stick it in the market than your a jack-A$$. It is well tested...I have been there....

Bobcat needs to stop making so many models and focus on customer need.

They have more electronics? LCD Keyless has always been there....Get a keyed igniton if you are ole Skool....It takes 3 minutts to change out...
Actually, Bobcat had been simple, back in the good old days of he 753 models, before the BOSS bullsh*t came out, they were good, simple machines with really no flaws.
Bobcat can say that they test every machine, but I say that's BS, then they would never have the SJC problems that customers had in the past, or loader cracking in the pivot area, hydraulic overheating issues, radiator plugging issues, all they seemed to do was make things worse, 1 step forward, 2 steps back every time they introduced a new model and series after the BOSS years.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 07-25-2010, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Why are you behind the fence? Bad Credit or were they closed...
LOL,No bad credit here.It was Sunday,They were closed and didn't think it was a good idea to jump the fence.I just wanted to take a peek and not get bothered.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Exc. View Post
LOL,No bad credit here.It was Sunday,They were closed and didn't think it was a good idea to jump the fence.I just wanted to take a peek and not get bothered.

Its a good looking machine..Have them drop one off for a demo...
Old 07-25-2010, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

The beast!

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 07-25-2010, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Its a good looking machine..Have them drop one off for a demo...
No demo for me,I've run a TL150 before.I was Just driving by and stopped to take a look.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
TBI!!!!!!!

The bucket failures: For us, the 72" fertilizer buckets.(Won't hold up) It's not the bucket it's the god damn plate they cheezed out onPower-tach failures are not that common...
A/C Hoses/Compressors, No big issue: This is a big issue when you changed them on 4 machine repeatedlyHand controls are getting betterThere is a 3 year or 3000 Hour warranty right now on them)
Idller failers???(Not in these times)Unless you had a 864. Really?Keyless panel: If had a problem with this than it was a lemon..
Poor entry grab bars; ???????? Poor entry points

Dealer is over an hour aways and I'm sick of returning it for the same problems.

Did I emntion the mysterious swing issues the 435 suffers? Been to the dealer three times and it's still not fixed. Swing pressures are ok but I'm not into just change parts for the sake of it.