Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-24-2010, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I really like CAMSUPERLINE trailers. I don't know if they are sold everywhere but around here they are popular and are built nicely. I do how ever like on that trailer you are looking at how the C channels on the side are turned out ward so you can hook chains or binders anywhere along the side.

Here is the page for these trailers: http://www.camsuperline.com/
M-istake
A-merica

Buck Ofama

2002 Chevy 3500 D/A
2008 Takeuchi TL130
2008 18' Cam Superline Overdeck Trailer
Old 07-25-2010, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProTouch Groundscapes View Post
my bad, prolly shoudve looked more closely at the size specs lol.

i totally agree with getting the lowest loading angle you can. i havent put a mini on my deckover yet, but im not looking forward to it. i drive my asv up forward, then spin it around on the deck to drive it off forward as well. i shoudlve gotten longer ramps to ease the angle, 6.5' maybe? i could always just get them to build a set and slide em on later.
Loading a mini on it will be nothing. Try putting it on our PJ. 3ft dove tail with I think like 5ft ramps? Kinda steep!

Just use the boom to distribute the weight so you break over nice and easy.

Btw, I load the trackloader backwards, screw turning on top, I feel like I am gonna go off the side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 07-25-2010, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Here is a tag trailer loading vid

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB6Fpv9I2Ok
Old 07-25-2010, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
Loading a mini on it will be nothing. Try putting it on our PJ. 3ft dove tail with I think like 5ft ramps? Kinda steep!

Btw, I load the trackloader backwards, screw turning on top, I feel like I am gonna go off the side.
I did it once, when I was working full time for my uncle with the T190 (Begone you POS!) and I actually flipped it off the trailer. He didn't do much better, so I kept my job.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scag48 View Post
Get a 25 ton tag and be done with it. Once you get a little experience moving the smaller stuff around, you can man up and move the Volvo with it. We move 20 ton hoes upfitted with a bunch of heavy crap; digging bucket, 60" cleanup bucket, hyd. link thumbs, and wide pads on a triple axle Trailmax TRD-54 every day. Ramp trailers are just okay for moving hoes, tilt is definitely the preference for anything with tracks and I would recommend going that route regardless of the additional cost as they are much safer. Plus, the ramps on those Kauffman's look heavy as hell. I can't tell if they're spring loaded or not but I would hope that they are. Wood filled? What a waste. If you're putting anything on that trailer that can't walk over angle iron, something is wrong. haha
I agree with Scag, it isn't perfect but start adding up all the moves of the Volvo or Daewoo. At $250 a pop it wouldn't take too much to earn the trailer back faster not to mention you roll at your schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post

I've had another landscaper haul the TK and I hate putting it on their deckover, don't care for the teeter-totter action. It sure is easier backing on the tilt and only being 20" off the ground.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
I agree with Scag, it isn't perfect but start adding up all the moves of the Volvo or Daewoo. At $250 a pop it wouldn't take too much to earn the trailer back faster not to mention you roll at your schedule.

I've had another landscaper haul the TK and I hate putting it on their deckover, don't care for the teeter-totter action. It sure is easier backing on the tilt and only being 20" off the ground.
This is how I unload the excavator and load the skid steer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUx3pcB2Ut4

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 07-25-2010, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
This is how I unload the excavator and load the skid steer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUx3pcB2Ut4
OMFG, I have never seen so many ******ed comments in 1 video, there are way too many stupid people watching these videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 07-25-2010, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post

the height doesnt bother me and it scared me the first time I loaded it, but it comes with the territory.

There are different ways to load and unload without the teeter-totter action but I dont like sliding the bucket on the ground.

Btw, Ozz, I am not even gonna attempt to turn the machine up top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 07-25-2010, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Member

I didn't see anything wrong with the way Chris unloaded and loaded his trailer that is the way you are supposed to unload a excavator off of a trailer with a beaver tail and ramps. It is a b*tch to do with a machine that doesn't have foot pedals you have to make sure your feet don't slip off the sticks while you are pushing them with your feet.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

it was a bit weird at first, but since no track hangs over ive learned to judge how much trailer is behind me by how much i see in front of the tracks.

my trailer has the 17.5 load range H tires so its not as tippy side to side.