Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-21-2010, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

New mini excavator

For those that have been asking, pics of the new deere. So far i love the machine, could ask for any better. I dont care for the blue/purple seat, that has to go. And i need to get some more buckets. It will throw a 24" like nothing so im thinking a 36" with a real deep heal on it to hold some dirt and then i want to get a 48" strait edge with a hydro wrist on it.

Got the machine brand new but had to make a 3,600 mile trip to get it.
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2010, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Nice machine. That machine can handle a 36" bucket like my yanmar no problem. I've found out for my work the three best buckets to have is a 12" for trenching. an 18" for clearing and stumping. and a 36" for digging and loading dirt.
The only other bucket I'd like to have would be a 48" smooth bucket for cleanup work. I've always wanted a bucket with no teethies

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 08-21-2010, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i agree, for now i will have to make due with a 12" a 24" and a 36". I think i may have the 36" custom made because im not seeing anything with a real deep heal like i want. I understand it will make the machine tippy over the side but it will make it very productive.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
i agree, for now i will have to make due with a 12" a 24" and a 36". I think i may have the 36" custom made because im not seeing anything with a real deep heal like i want. I understand it will make the machine tippy over the side but it will make it very productive.
My 36" will make the machine tippy on every end if its heaped up. It will move plenty of dirt with just a regular 36" No need to strain the hell out a new machine and pins with a huge bucket.

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 08-22-2010, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Member

I don't imagine the rubber bands will last long on a machine that size. Looks like Deere/Hitachi are building a better mini excavator it looks like Kubota has some competition.

You need to weld some hook lugs down the side of that trailer the front chains are stretched out too far they pretty much do nothing a DOT man might give you some troubles over that.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I bet those tracks will last for 3,000 hours. I agree I should have moved those chains back a few feet but I had them so tight you couldn't move that thing a inch. I got two flats and used the excavator to lift the trailer up while it was still on it chained down.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-22-2010, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
I bet those tracks will last for 3,000 hours. I agree I should have moved those chains back a few feet but I had them so tight you couldn't move that thing a inch. I got two flats and used the excavator to lift the trailer up while it was still on it chained down.
Posted via Mobile Device
whats the difference? its pulling the machine forward, the chains on the back are pulling it back, creating a downforce, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 08-22-2010, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Junior the chains are a little too far forward if the machine did decide to move it could move around. It doesn't matter what the person pulling the load thinks is right it is what the DOT man says he thinks is right.

Strapping a machine down with rubber tracks is a pain because you can't hook to the tracks like you do with steel shoes.

When I used to load a mini on a flatdeck lumber truck used to put two 4 inch wide belt straps over the tracks and one over the boom.

You never want to get stopped by the DOT anyways especially if they are having a bad day nothing is right and you will get a fine for something like it or not.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 12" 18" 24" 36" and a 48" for both of my hoes.

My 48 is just a Deere 310 clean out bucket that I had re worked to fir my hoe, I think you might have trouble finding someone that will make you a Deere style bucket side quick tatch though. Does Deere make a bucket side blank you could have welded on?

As for a deep bucket. Look at a New holland/Ford back hoe bucket. The are just huge!! About twice the volume of a standard mini hoe bucket. If my Volvo had more azz I would rework one in a heart beat.

J.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't even think of that, I will just get a used hoe bucket and re work it. I'm sure the local fab shop can make it happen.
Posted via Mobile Device