Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-29-2000, 04:27 PM
4LOW

hi, i have a question about add-a-leaf springs. my front springs on my 1/2 ton<br>are sagging.i'd like some info on how long<br>add-a-leafs last. my original springs are<br>the 2leaf type.i'm trying to stay away from<br>a regular lift because the truck is a 77 and<br>i don't want to put a lot of money into it.<br>thanks, 4LOW
Old 02-29-2000, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Well, I lifted the front of one of my trucks that way, because my springs were sagging really bad. The add a leafs lasted six months without drooping at all, and that was with some hard driving, after that, I can't tell you, the truck was totalled. Be careful if you don't want too much lift, because an add a leaf will add quite a bit of lift to a sagging spring. I got about 3&quot; from the pro comp full length spring I used. Good luck.
Old 02-29-2000, 07:45 PM
4LOW

thanks mtck, i was already looking at the<br>pro comp add-a-leaf, i'll try those and<br>let you know.<br>4LOW
Old 02-29-2000, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I installed an add a leaf in a 88 blazer, I plowed with it 2 yrs after installing the add a leaf, and I bought the leafs used. they were installed in another plow truck for one season befroe I had them. It gave me about 2.5&quot; of lift and had to install blocks in the rear to match the height.<br>Dino <p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org