Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-26-2010, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Landscaper Prank on youtube

I am not usually one to post trivial videos on a forum but I found this hilarious. And I am sure many of us have been in his shoes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_eea...os=WWgRWoaux8Q
Old 07-26-2010, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

there's four and half minutes of my life I'll never get back...
Old 07-26-2010, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

who was the loser in the baggy shorts who plopped his fat butt down in the middle of the yard?
Old 07-26-2010, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That was really stupid!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

WOW that was neat.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSmith View Post
there's four and half minutes of my life I'll never get back...
Hey marc, why don't you relax? I think most folks out there hop on the net to waste time. I don't know if you were expecting "landscaper prank on youtube" to be educational or if you have never actually had to deal with any customers in your QUOTE (exagerated) Managerial position UNQUOTE so you just don't find any humor in the prank. Either way you must be a very important man if 4 minutes and 30 seconds of your time is such a great loss.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That was both epic and stupid.

$1300 mower? Looked like a Toro to me. . . must be brand spankin new to be worth that much.

MJS Lawn & Landscape

Servicing commercial and residential properties

Legal, Licensed, and Insured

Old 07-26-2010, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

wlm....lame vid...plain and simple...and I guess you got no snide remarks for Epic? or am I an easy target for my "managerial" job. but I guess you got it real easy. with no one to manage and only yourself to worry about...

and yes in my curent job I do have to deal with custoemr service. dealing with parents calling wondering my the tree branch is rubbing suzies window, or the uppity professer expecting the world to revolve around them while he teaches class, or dealing the the event staff that fails to mentios a late night event and then it gets irrigated on in the middle of the night....I have about 10000 customers many of them with parents who spend a lot of money and expect results.

prior to my current job. I had to deal with customers working for TG LandCare as an Installation manager, all commercial clients, prop managers, building engineers, and prior to that I had my own company with three crews running full time year round in Florida with a mix of resi and commercial clients and prior to that I worked for Disney, customer service university.

SO pick a job...any job...customer service is what its all about....I know about it and probably better than most...
Old 07-26-2010, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSmith View Post
wlm....lame vid...plain and simple...and I guess you got no snide remarks for Epic? or am I an easy target for my "managerial" job. but I guess you got it real easy. with no one to manage and only yourself to worry about...

and yes in my curent job I do have to deal with custoemr service. dealing with parents calling wondering my the tree branch is rubbing suzies window, or the uppity professer expecting the world to revolve around them while he teaches class, or dealing the the event staff that fails to mentios a late night event and then it gets irrigated on in the middle of the night....I have about 10000 customers many of them with parents who spend a lot of money and expect results.

prior to my current job. I had to deal with customers working for TG LandCare as an Installation manager, all commercial clients, prop managers, building engineers, and prior to that I had my own company with three crews running full time year round in Florida with a mix of resi and commercial clients and prior to that I worked for Disney, customer service university.

SO pick a job...any job...customer service is what its all about....I know about it and probably better than most...
Hey Marc, Like I said, relax, if the video wasn't doin it for ya quit watchin it and move on no big deal. Sorry to hear you have to deal with student parents, I am currently in college myself and I see all the worked up yuppy parents scrambling around every fall and I just sit back and feel sorry for any party involved with handling their "problems". Have a good one
Old 07-26-2010, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

BLM

I'm plenty relaxed... Actually more relaxed and level headed now that I'm not working for myself......get this. here on campus. my crew (20 people) gets drafted to assist with move in. to the point of we have to move each new students belongings from the parking lot to their dorm...using our Gators and trailers. and we rent box vans with lift gates. I guess $50K a year for tuition buys some perks...

dealing with the kids who have gotten used to the silver spoon is almost as fun..

what school you going to...and whats you major?