sthil hl100 stolen from target parking lot

Stolen on 7/16/2009 from target parking lot in gainesville ga
these were the articulating ones i paid $580 after taxes
serial # 282633063
there is an $300 reward
please call 770-855-8783
Old 07-29-2010, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Did you Call the police and file a report of it being stolen? I will certainly keep an eye out for it. Be sure to check craigslist. They might list it on there and then you have a perfect opportunity for the police to nab them! Never the less, I hope you get it back soon. The crime has gone up a lot. I keep everything locked to the trailer even though its kept in my garage.
Craftsman 21" 7hp mower
Ariens LM22s 22" Walk behind mower
Stihl FS 90R Trimmer (2011)
Stihl FC 90R Edger (2011)
Stihl BR-600 (2012)
Husqvarna 125BT Backpack blower
Husqvarna 455 Rancher (professional chain)
Poulan "wild thing"
Proudly volunteering with Samaritan's Purse U.S Disaster Relief team since April, 2011

Insured by GLOCK
Old 07-30-2010, 06:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Check CraigsList often in your area and pawn shops-lots of stuff like this in up at pawn shops. Some Stihl dealers have a setup computer program re stolen items.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Guys,
Yeah i filed a report with the serial number, target could be a little more help with the video but for some reason i keep getting conflicting stories between the security officer and the gainesville police about the release of the video. Ive checked pawn shops, flea markets, craigslist(daily) i even talked to a couple of homeless people near target and nothing so far. Whoever took them had to see me take them from inside of my truck and put them under a tarp in the bed of the truck. Normally im not that careless with my equipment just happened to forget to lock them back up onto my trailer. I appreciate the help if anyone hears anything please let me know i am offering a $300 reward for their return and the punk who took them,
Old 07-30-2010, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWIMAGE09 View Post
Thanks Guys,
Yeah i filed a report with the serial number, target could be a little more help with the video but for some reason i keep getting conflicting stories between the security officer and the gainesville police about the release of the video. Ive checked pawn shops, flea markets, craigslist(daily) i even talked to a couple of homeless people near target and nothing so far. Whoever took them had to see me take them from inside of my truck and put them under a tarp in the bed of the truck. Normally im not that careless with my equipment just happened to forget to lock them back up onto my trailer. I appreciate the help if anyone hears anything please let me know i am offering a $300 reward for their return and the punk who took them,
No need for the reward.. It'll be good DT "defensive tactic" skills training Best part of all.. is I keep a set of my cuffs on me or in my truck at all times. So I can make a citizen's arrest very easily if need be. I'm really surprised that Target isn't being of more help. I have a friend who works loss prevention at one of the stores in my neck of the woods and they have top of the line security cameras. How far in the parking lot were you away from the building? The images and video should be pretty clear for the most part. Did they at least hand over a copy of the disk (everything's on DVD now a days) over to the Police? I'm getting back in town tomorrow afternoon, and I will check out some of the pawn shops near Duluth. The nice thing is if they did take it to a pawn shop there is a waiting period (I believe it's 30 days) before the pawn shop can actually sell it to anyone. I've had no problems going back into the back room with the owner and cross checking serial numbers in the past. I also believe they run the serial numbers through the police department's computer database to check to see if the item has been flagged stolen or not. If I come up with anything I'll certainly give you a call.
Us in the green industry have to watch each others backs.. especially these days.
Craftsman 21" 7hp mower
Stihl BR-600 (2012)
Poulan "wild thing"
Proudly volunteering with Samaritan's Purse U.S Disaster Relief team since April, 2011

Insured by GLOCK
Old 08-01-2010, 03:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Southernlandscape,

Ive tried calling target several times in past couple of weeks and im not even getting a return phone call. As a matter of fact theyve done nothing but treat me like the suspect instead of a victim. I was parked where the employees parked but away from other cars so that in case this did happen they could get a good view, however they claim i was in a blind spot but ive checked the area and they had a good view of who wouldve parked next to me. I tried the store manager on fri and no response looks like the district manager will be next. Im gretaful for all the advice and i keep a tazer on me so i hope if this person is caught i hope i get a little alone time with them, thanks so much good to know there are people out their that do care
Old 08-01-2010, 09:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Too bad Target is being so reluctant to help. Call to your local PD. Ask to speak to whoever is in charge of the detective bureau. Probably a lieutenant or Sgt. At any rate, ask who, if anyone, has been assigned to your case. If no one has been assigned to it ask "why not"?. If it isnt a felony, they may not assign a detective to it. Always address the cops by their rank if such is assigned. They love ass kissing. Tell them you'd like to see the tape as you want to make sure it wasnt a former employee ripping you off or something along those lines. If it has been assigned a detective, and you get the sense he/ she is dragging their feet. Go up the chain of command til you get results. At the outset let them know you are aware of how busy they are and you don't mean to be a pest. You just want help exhausting all avenues to get your stuff back.

Try to determine who the supervisor is for the loss prevention geeks is at Target. In many retail operations, the loss prevention folks answer to a boss who covers a district wide area. Nicely explain your situation. Tell him what a loyal patron you and family are of Target, just as you were the day you got your stuff stolen in HIS parking lot.

Keep up the approach with the management. let them know how loyal you are and that you are not sure why they are being so reluctant to help out a customer. let em know your are willing to take your business elsewhere.

Good luck. Sorry you had your equipment stolen.

Last edited by integrityman; 08-01-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey, I was on CL and found a few that might be worth taking a look into.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/grd/1867385045.html

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/grd/1869705460.html

I would not be surprised if it has found its way into Atlanta. That's where a lot of the smash and grab folks go.. They just like to head north, commit the crime and then take 400 SB right back home.
Craftsman 21" 7hp mower
Stihl BR-600 (2012)
Poulan "wild thing"

Insured by GLOCK
Old 08-03-2010, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Member

@ INTEGRITYMAN, thanks for the advice ill give it a try and let you know the outcome
@ Southernlandscape, i saw the one a couple of days ago called and made arrangements to meet up which he was from decatur but he sold them when i contacted him again to meet up. The second one was removed before i could call which was weird because it was only posted for 2 hours. Great ideas man i really appreciate all your help. Ive been checking craigslist daily so far no luck. There has to be something on the target video i believe that would help alot if only i can get them to cooperate looks like i may have to get nasty with them. Ill keep you posted & again thanks everyone for the advice and help. Hopefully this guy will get caught soon so this doesnt happen to another lawn service!
Old 08-03-2010, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Or at least be able to get a vehicle description. Knowing the types of criminals around the north GA area chances are they have something "unique" on their vehicle. Did this happen at the target right by the home depot? Keep us updated. I've got everything minus the gas cans and the mowers locked to the trailer. The way I have my trailer in the garage is so close to my work bench that they wouldn't even be able to get one of the walk behinds off without making a ton of noise and making the dog go crazy. I did find it funny when I was at a client.. in my own neighborhood.. at his house doing work in the backyard. I had put the edger back on the rack and placed both pins back in the trimmer rack to secure it. I always put the lock on the end closest to the engine. I came back out to find my edger hanging half way off my trailer. I guess who ever tried to steal the edger didn't notice the big lock on the pin by the engine. The only thing they did was pull the edger part off of the trimmer rack. Freakin idiots! They went for the cheapest piece of equipment on the trailer an echo edger. there was a brand spanking new Stihl FS90 R right above the edger. If I find someone tampering with my equipment they can run, but the next thing they'll know is finding themselves on the ground with a knee in the back. I might not be in the very best shape but I sure as heck can sprint!
Craftsman 21" 7hp mower
Stihl BR-600 (2012)
Poulan "wild thing"

Insured by GLOCK