Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-03-2010, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Member

@ southernlandscape,
i totaly agree with you man, yes it actually was the target next to lowes but home depot is just down the road. The irony of this is, and i know ive been very lucky now but, ive always left my equipment unlocked and gone to lowes, home depot and walmart( which is the worst) and never had anything taken. Again now i realize i was very lucky. I had taken my son to the bowling alley before target to play video games which i had locked my trimmer inside the truck. I took it out and put it in the back with a tarp over it amongst all the other crap i have back there. when we got to target i decided to leave it in the back covered with the tarp because i was afraid of the inside of my truck smelling like fuel. I honestly believe someone saw me at the bowling alley take out the trimmer and put it in the back and followed me to target. Ive definitely learned my lesson and blame myself for being so careless it just sucks knowing that target and/or gville police could give a **** which pisses me off because we HONEST lawn guys work hard for our money, equipment etc. People keep telling me "the economy is bad and people are out of work" i realize this but i dont go stealing from others who work hard to feed there families. I think everyone on this thread will agree that we lawn guys work to damn hard for the pay that we recieve to have to deal with this crap.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Member

No doubt about it. It's good to see us come together and work together as apposed to the bashing that seems to go on here sometimes. We've got your back. Hope this heat isn't absolutely killing ya!
Craftsman 21" 7hp mower
Ariens LM22s 22" Walk behind mower
Stihl FS 90R Trimmer (2011)
Stihl FC 90R Edger (2011)
Stihl BR-600 (2012)
Husqvarna 125BT Backpack blower
Husqvarna 455 Rancher (professional chain)
Poulan "wild thing"
Proudly volunteering with Samaritan's Purse U.S Disaster Relief team since April, 2011

Insured by GLOCK
Old 08-05-2010, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Im hanging in there with the heat but man i tell you some days i wish i still had my cleaning business. So how long you been in lawncare, you staying busy??
Old 08-05-2010, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Any updates from the manager or loss prevention geeks?
Old 08-06-2010, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Member

@ integrityman, i wish man the only thing ive gotten from them is the cold shoulder. i have thought about a lawsuit but you know how that goes. im still checking craigslist & pawnshops so we'll see since its not yet been a month. Thanks, ill keep you guys posted
Old 08-06-2010, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Criminals are getting smarter guys. They know people will check CL and ebay to see if their stolen item is listed in the for sale section. Hope you find it.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Member

True, however we CAN NOT allow this to keep going on. As ive said before we work to damn hard to allow BUMS to steal from us. Yes thieves are getting smarter but they steal for a reason and every thief has to have a buyer or else they wouldnt steal. Im turned over every rock possible the only thing i know to do is to watch these start-up lawn guys who obviously cant afford a $600 hedger. Sometimes if you think like a thief you'll soon find what has been stolen from you. Iknow this because ive had other things taken from me outside of lawn equipment. Keep up the hard work guys & luck with business!!
Old 08-06-2010, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWIMAGE09 View Post
Im hanging in there with the heat but man i tell you some days i wish i still had my cleaning business. So how long you been in lawncare, you staying busy??
I wish I was staying busy, I had 7 clients last summer at one point in time but some of them decided to haggle the price after we had already agreed on the price and I had done the work, so needless to say that they are all no longer clients of mine. I have 3 yards including my own. I do ocassionally get neighbors who are going on vacation who want me to cut their yard for a week or two but it's really come down to a stand still. I have magnets for the Trailblazer and have my cell number on there along with a short list of some of the services I provide.. I have never gotten a phone call from the magnets. I have one on each rear door and a smaller one on the back. I bought a pressure washer from Northern Tool in the spring and I had that thing paid off in 3 uses. Given it was Northern's "power horse" brand but it still does its job. I've got business cards that I hand out to people who are interested and nearly never get calls from them. I guess the people around here don't want someone honest maintaining their lawn. The two clients I have now I've had over 3 years. My garage seems to be more of a storage place than a shop. my trailer sits in there nearly all week, unless I need to move it to cut those two yards or my own, or pull it out of the garage so I can have enough room to use my work bench. Talk about frusterating.
Craftsman 21" 7hp mower
Ariens LM22s 22" Walk behind mower
Stihl FS 90R Trimmer (2011)
Stihl FC 90R Edger (2011)
Stihl BR-600 (2012)
Husqvarna 125BT Backpack blower
Husqvarna 455 Rancher (professional chain)
Poulan "wild thing"
Proudly volunteering with Samaritan's Purse U.S Disaster Relief team since April, 2011

Insured by GLOCK
Old 08-06-2010, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

think they would show u the video, have a police report, makes me wonder if they have some kind of policy of not getting involved in certain things, idk. even if doesn't show anything, could at least give a piece of mind. anyway, don't like thieves, (specially ones that steal stuff u make a living with), hope u find your things, and the person (s) who took em.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Member

@ Southernlandscape, sorry to hear that man. email me and maybe i can help a lil bit with how to pickup more customers. i may have only been in the lawncare business for 3 years but ive had a cleaning buisiness for twelve so ive learned a little, good luck
email is: yourlawnman42009@gmail.com
@ bare spot, im not sure what their deal is but im sure targets customers would think twice about shopping with them if they new what a hassle this has been and the fact that walmart is next door! Maybe in our next conversation i should mention this, thanks for everything