Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-01-2010, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Member

LandscapeBilling.Com....Anyone use it?

I am looking at getting some software to handle all my books and I have browsed over this and have looked at it a little bit. But I wanted to se if any of you have used it and what you think about it. I had quickbooks but am going crazy trying to learn how to use it. These seems pretty simple plus its backed up by a company. The price is 5.27 a month.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Its good for a startup company but annoying to use once you have to go into billing everyone. Last time I used it there were a few bugs and there was no way to do recurring payments.

You might look into Gopher Software. Its what I use and helps keep me very organized. Once you put someone in the scheduling tool, its a breeze to turn completed jobs into invoices for billing.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Member

I know this is an old old thread, but I wanted to see how people like Landscape Billing. Thinking about taking this route. We are about to transition from all paper to computer so I want the right software to start with.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Field of Dreams LC View Post
I am looking at getting some software to handle all my books and I have browsed over this and have looked at it a little bit. But I wanted to se if any of you have used it and what you think about it. I had quickbooks but am going crazy trying to learn how to use it. These seems pretty simple plus its backed up by a company. The price is 5.27 a month.
I use it and love it, its sooo easy to use and input info. creating invoices is super simple too. great program for the money

ooppss wrong program, I was refering to Landscaper Billing not Landscape billing
2010 Ferris Evolution 48" cut 20 Hp
Kawasaki Line trimmer
Br600 Backpack Blower
Stihl chain saw
Stihl MM 55 Yard Boss
Misc handtools

Pictures of my trailer here

Pictures of some Landscape and structures I've done
Here
Old 08-24-2010, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowHouston View Post
Its good for a startup company but annoying to use once you have to go into billing everyone. Last time I used it there were a few bugs and there was no way to do recurring payments.

You might look into Gopher Software. Its what I use and helps keep me very organized. Once you put someone in the scheduling tool, its a breeze to turn completed jobs into invoices for billing.
See, I had the oppostie experience. Gopher seemed to be very elementary and incomplete. Maybe it just depends on the person, but After looking over landscapebilling.com I find it much easier to use.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nope... ..

97' ISUZU NPR (16' bed)
John Deere F687 60" 7iron w/MCS
John Deere GS30 36"
John Deere GS45 48"
John Deere JS45 21"
Stihl FS80 Pro Trimmer
Stihl FS46 Trimmer
Stihl BG55 Blower
BRD-280 Bed Redefiner
Echo PE-280 Stick Edger
Echo SHC 212 Hedge Trimmer
Bluebird 24" De-Thatcher
Olathe 88 Plug Aerator
Gatormade 6x18 Trailer (custom)
Yard Machines walk-behind Edger
Craftsman Lawn Vacuum/chipper
2-Homelite BP250 backpack blowers
McCullock FR56 Trimmer

Old 08-26-2010, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quickbooks pro
Old 09-10-2010, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Member

We made the switch to Landscapebilling a couple of years ago and love it! I read a lot of threads and went to the sites of a couple of different billing sites and chose to try landscapbilling. Honestly, what first got me was I could try it free lol, but the monthly price from there on out was so much cheaper than any other program/software.

A few things I like, it's a website you can access from anywhere. Our hard drive crashed last year and the tech who fixed it actually told me I was very lucky I did not use a program like Quickbooks because I would have lost everything. While our pc was getting fixed I could do all of my billing and estimates at my parents house.

The site is easy to use, the estimates and invoices look really professional, customers can pay online and there are a lot of useful features. Like the sales tax report. I handle all of the administrative functions for our business and it has seriously made my job much easier!

Someone mentioned bugs and being annoyed by the lack of a feature, the nice thing is you can email landscapebilling and they do what they can to implement the feature you feel is missing. They did this for me on the estimate forms, they actually added something I suggested.

I say, give it a shot. You won't be disappointed and it's free to test it out.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i too have gopher and love it BUT i'm scared to death that one day my laptop will crash or get stolen and i'm SOL, so having software that is accessible online is key in my opinion especially if you have a lot of accounts...i'm very pleased with gopher pro and actually don't think that landscapebilling.com will be as easy to use but i think i'm going to make the switch next year simply because you access it online and can't lose your IMPORTANT information

the price isn't bad either, 5.27 a month? that's awesome
Old 09-16-2010, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Which One to use

I to was very skeptical about Quick books, Gopher etc and was going to go the way of Internet book keeping but decided against it and went with Quick books. I calculated out the monthly cost versus the software and realized that I could pay for all the software in about a year...Now I know the concern for the CPU hard drive crashing or getting effected etc...I just purchased a external hard drive and keep all my files on there and when done updating sit it to the side with no fear of a crash or virus etc causing me any harm plus I have all my records etc in there so when needed I can take the hard drive to accountants etc and not have to worry about boxes of paperwork...Just a idea as it has been and is working for me and I have no monthly fees