Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-16-2010, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffCuttn View Post
That actually is a pretty good solution. It's the first I have heard in a long time. Just be careful not to drop it. Also make sure it is pluged in to a battery backup if you have one. Last, make sure you replace it every 2 years or so. You could also do online backups but they cost a monthly fee.
Exactly I went to harbor freight and purchased a stainless case that has about 5 inches of foam protection and also have it on a batter back up (actually a solar panel with one outlet) that I keep it upto par with.....As for replacing every 2 years I have not got that far yet I have 4 years of records on 2 seperate Hard Drives but I may go get another one now as you have me concerned for the replacement every 2 years was that from experience or just precautionary? Thanks for the info
Old 09-16-2010, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision Pondscapes View Post
Exactly I went to harbor freight and purchased a stainless case that has about 5 inches of foam protection and also have it on a batter back up (actually a solar panel with one outlet) that I keep it upto par with.....As for replacing every 2 years I have not got that far yet I have 4 years of records on 2 seperate Hard Drives but I may go get another one now as you have me concerned for the replacement every 2 years was that from experience or just precautionary? Thanks for the info
You might also consider a "raid array" It has several modes to run in. In RAID 5 it is redundant to the point that it makes duplicate copies all by itself. ( A RAID is multiple drives enclosed in a single enclosure and managed as a single unit. Anywhere from 2 to 10 individual hard drives) In RAID 5, if one drive shits the bed you automatically have a "good" copy to run on. In RAID 1, not recommended in this case, it distributes the info across the multiple drives for through put. (Attractive to me as I edit video and the video files are HUGE and although to edit is non destructive to the original, Each edit has to be rendered (drawn again for lack of a better term) and of course that file is HUGE. To edit video one much transfer huge amounts of info every second so using firewire 400 or 800 and swapping files on a raid array in raid 1, takes 1/4 the time that it takes to actually store the video on the same drive that is actually running windows AND the editing software AND trying to manage the edit you are working on. If you start getting into Hi-def video files they are even larger. So video editing in a somewhat pure form, takes a TON of storage space hence the multiple drive bays.
Hope you guys dont mind me butting in. Have you guys looked at or tried "Freshbooks"? its an online access portal as well
Harry

Last edited by Grnhed; 09-16-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone having issues logging onto landscape billing. This is really ticking me off. This program is nothing but a pain in the butt. I ordered quickbooks pro and its way to advanced for me I will be returning it. Took me almost an hour to do one invoice. I love landscape billing it just has way too many bugs lately.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFire221 View Post
Anyone having issues logging onto landscape billing. This is really ticking me off. This program is nothing but a pain in the butt. I ordered quickbooks pro and its way to advanced for me I will be returning it. Took me almost an hour to do one invoice. I love landscape billing it just has way too many bugs lately.
There server must be down today, I am having the same thing. I JUST now got on at 8:00 PM our time
Old 09-22-2010, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Donot use this program i have been using it for 1 1/2 months and nothing but problems in the last month i have not been able to access my info 8 or 9 times and as im writing this i have not been able to access my account for the past 12 hours. I have to change now
Old 09-22-2010, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Member

If you can get access when u need it this system sucks
Old 09-22-2010, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Member

I have 250 accounts that i cut on a weekly basis and im using landscaping for 1 1/2 months and have had many problems i cant access my info right now and have not been able to for 12 hours and have had problems accessing my account at least 1 or 2 or 3 times a week this sucks do not use this program
Old 07-18-2012, 02:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Not to hash up old issues, but I've been looking at landscapebilling.com - wanted to see if anyone had fresh eyes on it...?
Old 07-18-2012, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Ok lately!

Since the trouble referred to in this thread, I have had no issues.
With that I would like to see some improvements.
1. The ability to look at a future schedule. It will show the number of stops but, someone unfamiliar with your schedule would not know if the ten stops you have scheduled for Thursday are regular 60 x 110 interior lots or all ONE acre lots. One doesnt have a graphic representation of man hours required for the day to let you know you have a hole if you pick up a new project. For example I have a back yard renovation around a pool with about 3 hrs remaining work required yet on paper it looks like a 40 minute mow.
Also, with multiple crews it would be nice to show schedules side by side to facilitate asset allocation if you break down somewhere.

On the positive, they provide script to insert on my web sites to my paypal portal to allow CC or DC payments online. With a paypal debit card the funds are immediately available and take out the delay of funds posting and the chance of charges for checks from customers presented against NSF. One can also use the "customer center" to showcase specials for seasonal color or squirt and fert deals.
Downloadable statements and invoices in pdf to send and document customer activities.
I am a one man show and with 100 plus customers on the books of which 60 +/- are weeklys, it meets my needs generally speaking.

Now, with all of that I cant ***** for 6 bucks a month and only a monthly commitment.
harryh@northtexasturf.net
For man, there is no greater burden than potential.