Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-04-2010, 03:06 PM
bc3xx0 bc3xx0 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerknower View Post
This engine defintely has pushrods. It lso has tappets (lifters). Look at the picture, the part that popped out is a pushrod. People, if you do not know what you are talking about, please do not post. It is confusing the guy even more.
My advice to Just some Dude is take it in to a reputable service shop. It appears that you are in over your head on this one.
I think he was talking about the diagram with the overhead cam that was posted up!!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-04-2010, 03:22 PM
mowerknower mowerknower is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: obamanation
Posts: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3xx0 View Post
I think he was talking about the diagram with the overhead cam that was posted up!!
Yeah I saw that after my post. I have a habbit of scrolling past anypost that are written by topsites!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-04-2010, 05:12 PM
laman laman is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerknower View Post
This engine defintely has pushrods. It lso has tappets (lifters). Look at the picture, the part that popped out is a pushrod. People, if you do not know what you are talking about, please do not post. It is confusing the guy even more.
My advice to Just some Dude is take it in to a reputable service shop. It appears that you are in over your head on this one.
I am talking about topsites diagram picture. I don,t see lifter or push rods. This is some kind of overhead setup. Yes what this original poster has posted is a push rod type motor. He didn't post what type of motor it was so I don't know what kind of lifters it has. It is either hydralic or a solid lifter set up. I do know about engine as I used to build race motors.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-05-2010, 11:38 AM
BigFish's Avatar
BigFish BigFish is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chesapeake, va
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerknower View Post
Yeah I saw that after my post. I have a habbit of scrolling past anypost that are written by topsites!
That's a good one!!
__________________
" But let me tell you something ,folks: You can't fix stupid! There's not a pill you can take, there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever!"

......AMF!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-07-2010, 07:07 PM
just_some_dude just_some_dude is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 20
Back to Topic

I took off the head. Looks like the exhaust valve is stuck, but I don't know why. It doesn't look bent. Any ideas what I should do?

For the curious folk, Kawasaki 17 HP FC540V-FS15.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-07-2010, 07:08 PM
just_some_dude just_some_dude is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 20
Here is an image...
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-07-2010, 07:32 PM
just_some_dude just_some_dude is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 20
Took Valve Out

I took the valve out. Valve looks fine, but the area that the valve is broken.

Will I need a new head?

Thanks
Attached Images
   
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-07-2010, 08:01 PM
mowerknower mowerknower is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: obamanation
Posts: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_some_dude View Post
I took the valve out. Valve looks fine, but the area that the valve is broken.

Will I need a new head?

Thanks
Dont know if I have ever seen that one before but yes you will need a new head.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-07-2010, 08:30 PM
bc3xx0 bc3xx0 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 305
Nah, just use a die grinder to smooth it out, ream the guide and knurl the valve! Then sell it with the description, "fresh valve job".

The valve wasn't bent at all????
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-07-2010, 08:37 PM
BigFish's Avatar
BigFish BigFish is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chesapeake, va
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3xx0 View Post
Nah, just use a die grinder to smooth it out, ream the guide and knurl the valve! Then sell it with the description, "fresh valve job".

The valve wasn't bent at all????
Or... ya could heat the head up and drive out the old guide and install a new one. Prolly need a new valve and cut the seat, or you might get by with just lapping......good as new!
__________________
" But let me tell you something ,folks: You can't fix stupid! There's not a pill you can take, there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever!"

......AMF!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
engine , gt275 , john deere , kawasaki , repair

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 AM.

Page generated in 0.09708 seconds with 8 queries