Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 06-08-2013, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Several recommendations when operating X-ONE

Hi Troops,
Having recently serviced my X-ONE, I have several recommendations.
About 3 1/2 quarts of hydraulic will drain from the reservoir when replacing the hydraulic oil filter. With the rear discharge deck in the lowest position, I was able to get a regular plastic oil drain pan under the reservoir and get it out without spilling any oil. The next time that I do this service I will warm up the machine and using an oil withdrawal system, remove the oil from the reservoir before removing the filter.
Also not good to run a fuel tank out of fuel as getting fuel to flow after refilling the tank can take time. Watch the fuel gauges and don't let it happen. The fuel evaporative system, part of which is installed in the fuel tanks, is the reason for the slow return of fuel flow following running out of fuel. This is not a negative comment, just a caution to operators.
Fuel tank caps can easily get cross threaded when putting them back on, just be careful when reinstalling them.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Sponsor

Thanks,
Good point about sucking the oil out prior to the filter removal.
Thanks for your input..

Brian O
Old 06-16-2013, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MacGregor View Post
Hi Troops,
Having recently serviced my X-ONE, I have several recommendations.
About 3 1/2 quarts of hydraulic will drain from the reservoir when replacing the hydraulic oil filter. With the rear discharge deck in the lowest position, I was able to get a regular plastic oil drain pan under the reservoir and get it out without spilling any oil. The next time that I do this service I will warm up the machine and using an oil withdrawal system, remove the oil from the reservoir before removing the filter.
Also not good to run a fuel tank out of fuel as getting fuel to flow after refilling the tank can take time. Watch the fuel gauges and don't let it happen. The fuel evaporative system, part of which is installed in the fuel tanks, is the reason for the slow return of fuel flow following running out of fuel. This is not a negative comment, just a caution to operators.
Fuel tank caps can easily get cross threaded when putting them back on, just be careful when reinstalling them.
I take it you have the 29 hp Kohler efi on your mower, which makes it more difficult to start the engine if one tank is run completely empty. I have an efi on one mower and must bleed a little gas through the pressure check Schrader valve to restart. The carburetored Kawasaki 35 hp I have on my 72" will start right up after running a tank empty, starts the same as with cranking for the first time of the day.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Member

X-ONE has a 60" rear discharge deck and a Kawi FX730V carbed engine, sweet running machine!!! I should have bought two and put mulching blades on one.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MacGregor View Post
X-ONE has a 60" rear discharge deck and a Kawi FX730V carbed engine, sweet running machine!!! I should have bought two and put mulching blades on one.
Never had a carbed engine on a Super Z where if it ran completely out of gas I could not change tanks and it would immediately start, may have to choke, but it cranks right up.

I have a FX1000V (35 hp) on a 72" Super Z and I don't even care whether one tank runs empty or not, I switch the tank, turn the blades off, set the steering levers in the park position, choke the engine and it starts and runs within 4 or 5 revolutions of the engine. This is why I asked, can't understand why yours gives a problem cranking if running a tank empty, never seen this with a carbed engine, but the restarting an efi is an entirely different ball game.