Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-01-2010, 08:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Your roof does look good but you could have learned the same "how to" info without spending a penny at Roof Cleaning Forums
Old 11-15-2010, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Member

You get what you pay for.

If you want to learn from the best, earn a legitimate certification that only the Roof Cleaning Institute of America offers from the most experienced, most successful roof cleaners in the country, then you will have a better chance of making more money.

www.saferoofcleaning.com www.mallardsystems.com www.terraclean.us

Here is our new RCIA Member Certificate you will receive if you decide to join. RCIA members receive much more than just a certificate.

Click here to research more.
Attached Images

Greensboro NC 27407
Phone (336) 362-7659
www.pressurewashingpro.com
www.roofcleaningpro.com

Old 11-16-2010, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Member

OK, cool!! All I have to do is post "x" number of post and a few B/A pics (no proof of where they came from) and I get a cert, wait, I know there is money changing hands somewhere along the line also.

LOL, I (anyone on this site) can print the cert you posted and then we will have one

The bottom line is that the site is informative (I am against using TSP on a roof due to side affects on paint & windows) but the cert is a crock, anyone can get one and there is no formal training or even a standard way of washing roofs.

I follow the Asphalt Roofing Manufactures Associations (ARMA) recommendations to protect the roof, warranty on the shingles and the home owner's property.

It is up to the home owner to do their work as far as checking that the contractor has insurance, experience and references to handle the job. My clients get that info during the estimate AND I encourage them to call others to see what they have to offer.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinNJ View Post
not to sure how it ranks on google but it does rank VERY high for quality information, thats why I like Roof Cleaning Forums

I also feel that posting "X" number of posts on a site is a ridicules way to get "certified" for anything especially when no certification is needed

Yeah, vendor forums are great. But you can't beat contractor run forums. Don Phelps is a distributor for pressure pro. He sells products, nice guy but you never get the same atmosphere like at the contractor run RCIA.

The same holds true now about most forums run by distributors for distributors. I'll keep the ones close that are run by my brothers.

Your will need a cert when customers start asking if you are certified. Raising the industry standards and getting paid more is the efforts. Unless your a hack and dont charge enough, you should check out the RCIA.

Its run by two great experts in our industry AC Lockyer and Chris Tucker. The org will be getting stronger and stronger as years go by. Take a look JC
Old 11-16-2010, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propowerwash View Post
Yeah, vendor forums are great. But you can't beat contractor run forums. Don Phelps is a distributor for pressure pro. He sells products, nice guy but you never get the same atmosphere like at the contractor run RCIA.

The same holds true now about most forums run by distributors for distributors. I'll keep the ones close that are run by my brothers.

Your will need a cert when customers start asking if you are certified. Raising the industry standards and getting paid more is the efforts. Unless your a hack and dont charge enough, you should check out the RCIA.

Its run by two great experts in our industry AC Lockyer and Chris Tucker. The org will be getting stronger and stronger as years go by. Take a look JC
Don Phelps is NOT a distributor for pressure pro or anyone else. Check your facts before posting! Please dont try to bring your drama over here, you have your own site for that (PWI.com for those that want to check it out)

If a customer asks me for a cert I would laugh and tell them everything I have posted here.

BTW, what is your background in roof washing? How many have you washed? I know you have taken in a bunch of money from RT's by having roof washers speak at them but you have no experience yourself.

LOL, you imply I am a hack and dont charge enough and yet on your site you slam me for charging too much (info was emailed to me from someone that used to go to your site). You are just trying to push buttons, create drama and bully people around, you have your own site for that. You are banned from many sites because of your activities

Please take me off your radar and go do something productive. Your co. makes hundreds of thousands, even millions more per year than mine does and I dont understand why you find a need to attack me. We are not even in the same part of the country, do not target the same type of clients (your commercial flat work and I dont do any of that) or compete with each other.

You go live your life and I will live mine - Our paths (online or events) will most likely cross but we do not need to interact and I prefer not to. Please respect my wishes
Old 12-17-2010, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That looks sooo much better so I got my power washer out today and decided to do my roof. I dumped a few gallons of bleach on it and I cranked the pressure up all the way and blasted the hell out of it. It got all all the lichens and mildew and that sand stuff off and only ripped a few shingles off. This power washing stuff is fun and easy. I think I'll start marketing to my lawn customers.

Ok, sorry for the fictitious post, but I've heard some horror stories of guys around here doing pressure washing of houses and roofs and having now idea what they're doing and causing major property damage such as stripping roofs of all aggregate and blasting all the paint off of trim and blasting vinyl siding from below and causing water damage. I looked into it at one point and decided that I'll just stick with what I know.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:37 PM
LawnSite Member

That's why Chris Tucker created the Roof Cleaning Institute of America, to set a standard in the roof cleaning industry by educating professionals and customers nationwide how we clean roofs properly, safely, using a NO PRESSURE CHEMICAL ONLY PROCESS. His company has cleaned in excess of 30,000 roofs since 1992 and our Vice President- AC Lockyer's companys has cleaned in excesss of 50,000 roofs since 1991. Neither of whom have ever ruined one single roof, by NOT using a pressure washer.

We have to sell against and worn our customers all the time about the dangers of hiring these hacks who use pressure washers, you have just mentioned. They have no idea what they are doing.

This is the very reason why the RCIA forum was created so when customers are looking for a qualified roof cleaning company who is trained by the best and sees a RCIA logo on their ads, website, vehicle graphics, uniforms, they will have the utmost confidence, peace and mind, knowing their decision to clean their roof instead of replacing it saving themselves thousands of dollars in replacement costs or damage from hiring just any hack out their that "claims, he knows how to clean roofs with no organization, certification, or RCIA membership to back up his words."

I am working on changing my company name to WASH PRO so the word PRESSURE will no longer scare off my potential roof cleaning customers. I started out pressure washing in 1999 and didn't add roof cleaning to my list of services until later.
Greensboro NC 27407
Phone (336) 362-7659
www.roofcleaningpro.com

Old 12-18-2010, 12:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
That looks sooo much better so I got my power washer out today and decided to do my roof. I dumped a few gallons of bleach on it and I cranked the pressure up all the way and blasted the hell out of it. It got all all the lichens and mildew and that sand stuff off and only ripped a few shingles off. This power washing stuff is fun and easy. I think I'll start marketing to my lawn customers.

Ok, sorry for the fictitious post, but I've heard some horror stories of guys around here doing pressure washing of houses and roofs and having now idea what they're doing and causing major property damage such as stripping roofs of all aggregate and blasting all the paint off of trim and blasting vinyl siding from below and causing water damage. I looked into it at one point and decided that I'll just stick with what I know.
I have videos of roof washing and soft washing (not power washing) on my web site, check it out.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Image is everything.

Our goal one day is for customers to recognize and respect our RCIA logo to carry as much weight as a BBB logo or an ASE certified mechanics logo.

BTW, it's not about posting 100 times, and never was.
Attached Images

Greensboro NC 27407
Phone (336) 362-7659
www.roofcleaningpro.com

Old 12-18-2010, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinNJ View Post
I have videos of roof washing and soft washing (not power washing) on my web site, check it out.
Great video JC! I like it a lot. Awesome job man.
Greensboro NC 27407
Phone (336) 362-7659
www.roofcleaningpro.com

Tags
clean , greensboro , north carolina , roof cleaning , roofs