Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-09-2010, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvansLandscapeCo View Post
Well I like it. I know you have had a few negative comments or personal opinions but hey, whats important is that you like it, you are proud to wear it and you can grow with this company.

I agree that using the word "GOD" can be a risky call, but thats a call we all need to make. my name is jason EVANS. my company is EVANS landscape company. a lot of us use our names in our company name. is it not the same as using GOD's name?

Good luck to you in the future. I think its a great name. Be proud of whatever you decide. Bobs plowing or Roberts snow removal service.....they are the same thing. your price will be the same. your service will be the same...the only difference is the name.

cheers.
jay

WHAT? ahahah Are you a religion? Why not call it "Republican Tea Party Lawn care"? Its a business. Not a personal belief. Your limiting your potential with such insane names.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 08-09-2010, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveslawncare View Post
I need solid reasons guys. I'm not sure how all my customers like it and you guys are so critical, but I'm listening if you have anything constructive to offer. If it's just because it has God in it, get over it, this is America.
Didnt read all the replies but I dont like it either. You say it is from an old saying "what on gods green earth" are you doing. I've heard the saying but never for a second thought of it when I read your logo. First thought was either bible thumper or someone using the religious angle as a scam to get religious customers. Like others said it's your company your logo so if you like it great. but I dont. By the way your getting a first hand review of your logo in this thread.....figure the percenatge of negative to positive response right here and it may not be far off from the public view. Just a smaller sampling
Old 08-09-2010, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I would have to agree with the majority. I believe you would be limiting your possible potential. Even though your intentions may not be to be preachy or whatever, there will be those that will ASSUME you will, and pass. I would also have to take into consideration those who I discussed it with. Are they in business also? The same business? Or do they just share the same perspective as you and desire to see you happy? I can't tell you what to do or not, but I would say there was some pretty good advice given by fl-landscapes:

"figure the percenatge of negative to positive response right here and it may not be far off from the public view. Just a smaller sampling"

All you're doing is giving someone the ability to obtain a preconceived notion of who they THINK you are, before you even open your mouth.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm not a fan.
Why not just have Green Earth instead of Gods Green Earth? I know as an atheist I would not call someone with that name as I would assume they would be preaching. There is a lot of competition in this industry and you will alieanate all but the Christian clients when they are looking for someone to do some work for them, which could see you struggle to build your business. The Clients you do get may also think you will look after them so it will be a constant battle for you to grow.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Your customers might not want to hurt your feelings. Use this in your motto some way.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

For the record, some of you guys took this too far and are just plain jerks. However, some of you gave good constructive reasoning and I really appreciate that. To be honest, this name was not written in stone when I posted it. I wanted this to be part of my market research and I got a lot of good feedback from you guys and I appreciate it.

I was iffy at first because the guy who is designing my logo is an athiest, and when I told him the kind of feedback I was getting on here and that I was probably going to change it he tried to talk me out of changing it because he loves the name so much. But I went on and argued that the bottom line is that I don't want my company name to insight this kind of controversy before a customer ever even meets me or my crew.

All that said I think I am leaning toward naming it:

Green Earth
Lawn & Landscape

I think a few of you suggested this and the idea has grown on me. I had a brainstorming session by myself and with a couple of other people and haven't been able to come up with anything better. I like "Green Earth," so we will rework the logo around and as soon as I have another update I will post it. It has really been coming along. Thanks for the feedback.

"Without purpose ... goals, ambitions, and dreams aren't worth the paper they're written on. Without direction, a business plan, no matter how carefully written, is simply a bunch of words ruining a perfectly good blank sheet of paper."
Old 08-11-2010, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

Green Earth
Lawn & Landscape

I think a few of you suggested this and the idea has grown on me. I had a brainstorming session by myself and with a couple of other people and haven't been able to come up with anything better. I like "Green Earth," so we will rework the logo around and as soon as I have another update I will post it. It has really been coming along. Thanks for the feedback.
And join the millions with that company name already!!! Google it!!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I did. No Lawn & Landscape Co's with that name anywhere near my area that I could find. It will work well for my business. I have already made peace with the fact that I will never please every one of you with any name I pick. This one shouldnt be controversial and the name fits my company. Those are the main 2 things. You guys won't be convinced until you get used to that being our name and you have seen us grow and be successful over a long period of time.

"Without purpose ... goals, ambitions, and dreams aren't worth the paper they're written on. Without direction, a business plan, no matter how carefully written, is simply a bunch of words ruining a perfectly good blank sheet of paper."
Old 08-11-2010, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
For the record, some of you guys took this too far and are just plain jerks. However, some of you gave good constructive reasoning and I really appreciate that. To be honest, this name was not written in stone when I posted it. I wanted this to be part of my market research and I got a lot of good feedback from you guys and I appreciate it.

I was iffy at first because the guy who is designing my logo is an athiest, and when I told him the kind of feedback I was getting on here and that I was probably going to change it he tried to talk me out of changing it because he loves the name so much. But I went on and argued that the bottom line is that I don't want my company name to insight this kind of controversy before a customer ever even meets me or my crew.

Green Earth
Lawn & Landscape

Much better!!!!!

SOLO OPERATION
Old 08-11-2010, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

What about Darwins Green Earth