Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-11-2010, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Pray about it. without being too "preachy". If God gave you that name. USE IT DUDE!
Will you be a target? yes!, will you get a lot of calls? yes, will some not call? no they will not.

But....

At the end of the day your name can be "cheese balls lawn service" If you don't do good work you will not get any work. (everyone agrees on this)

Hey if you dont' use it I might change my name.

remember this TGIF.

Stands for: Thank GOD it's Friday. alot of people eat at those spots.

Sometimes in business u have to go against the grain.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Finger View Post
Pray about it. without being too "preachy". If God gave you that name. USE IT DUDE!
Will you be a target? yes!, will you get a lot of calls? yes, will some not call? no they will not.

But....

At the end of the day your name can be "cheese balls lawn service" If you don't do good work you will not get any work. (everyone agrees on this)

Hey if you dont' use it I might change my name.

remember this TGIF.

Stands for: Thank GOD it's Friday. alot of people eat at those spots.

Sometimes in business u have to go against the grain.
Thanks for all the advice and encouragement, man. Nice to see someone making some sense. I appreciate the input

"Without purpose ... goals, ambitions, and dreams aren't worth the paper they're written on. Without direction, a business plan, no matter how carefully written, is simply a bunch of words ruining a perfectly good blank sheet of paper."
Old 08-12-2010, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here is the update. I LOVE it

I will post the actual file instead of a pic of a computer screen as soon as it is all done. It won't change much from this, just making a few subtle adjustments here and there
Attached Images

"Without purpose ... goals, ambitions, and dreams aren't worth the paper they're written on. Without direction, a business plan, no matter how carefully written, is simply a bunch of words ruining a perfectly good blank sheet of paper."
Old 08-12-2010, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveslawncare View Post
Here is the update. I LOVE it

I will post the actual file instead of a pic of a computer screen as soon as it is all done. It won't change much from this, just making a few subtle adjustments here and there
much better
Old 08-13-2010, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. Stay away from the exploitation of God's name for the sake of a company name. Remember the commandment: Thou shalt not use the Lord's name in vein. This would be doing exactly that.
\Also, incidentally, to the poster that mentioned TGIF...If you call the corporate offices, they will tell you their stance is Thank GOODNESS It's Friday...

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well, here is the finished logo! I LOVE the look, on both black and white. Now I just gotta figure out all the stuff I gotta do to get my co's name changed with the IRS and the State and all that. I think it's gonna be a good banner for us all to work under
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2010, 03:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

it might be to late to give you my opinion of it since there's already 4 pages and i only read the first page......

i think the name NEEDS to be changed. i read why you put the name GOD in there but i still think people will tie it to religion. i think most people tie anything with the name GOD to religion, myself included. you might loose current business and loose future business being associated with a religion. people are very critical about religion. i know i'm not a fan of those "push it in your face" religious people. the sign kinda is "push it in your face" i think......

yep to late.....should of read through to page 4.......
Old 08-15-2010, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
it might be to late to give you my opinion of it since there's already 4 pages and i only read the first page......

i think the name NEEDS to be changed. i read why you put the name GOD in there but i still think people will tie it to religion. i think most people tie anything with the name GOD to religion, myself included. you might loose current business and loose future business being associated with a religion. people are very critical about religion. i know i'm not a fan of those "push it in your face" religious people. the sign kinda is "push it in your face" i think......

yep to late.....should of read through to page 4.......
What do you mean it's too late? I DID change the name....its now just 'Green Earth.' Did you look at the 2 finished logos right above your post?

Old 08-15-2010, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Member

The logo looks excellent.
Good decision to drop God out of the name too.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like it...Good job