Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-09-2010, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Blade Spacers - 36" Stander

I'm trying to understand the point of the blade spacers. Can you help? Currently I have 2 on each blade....can I just add/remove these to change the cutting height? I'm thinking these shouldn't affect the pitch of the deck so everything should be okay...?
2005 Wright Stander 36" 15hp Kawasaki w/Grass Gobbler
Stihl FS 100 RX Trimmer
Stihl KM 130 R Kombi-Motor with Polesaw, trimmer, brush blade and straight stick edger
Stihl BG 86 Blower
Stihl BG 550 Backpack Blower
Old 08-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Sponsor

cbkc,

The blade spacers are for making minor changes to the blade height without affecting the pitch of the cutter deck. Not knowing the exact vintage of your 36" normally if the mower is in the stock set up these mowers have five of the 1/4" spacers between the blade and the spindle. If the mower is in the stock set the five spacers would give you a 3" cut height, the set you have would be about 3 3/4" cut height. You do not want to exceed the five spacers set as the blades would be below the deck shell and getting the blade too high in the shell can cause cut issues. If you look in your owners manual you will find a section that shows the way to set the mowers for certain cut heights. Going for the high end or low end of the cut range is best done by changing the overall set of the mower (wheel motors and casters).

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Member

What should the deck pitch be, i.e. the height at the front and the height at the back of the deck?
2005 Wright Stander 36" 15hp Kawasaki w/Grass Gobbler
Stihl FS 100 RX Trimmer
Stihl KM 130 R Kombi-Motor with Polesaw, trimmer, brush blade and straight stick edger
Stihl BG 86 Blower
Stihl BG 550 Backpack Blower
Old 08-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Sponsor

cbkc,

The deck should have a forward pitch of 1/8” – 1/4”. It is best to have a person on the platform while taken the blade measurements. The mowers are set to 3” from the factory so the front blade tip should measure 3” from tip to floor and the rear will measure 3 1/8 – 3 1/4”. The front castor spacers can be moved to above or below the caster arm to achieve the correct pitch. Measurements can be taken from the top of the deck using a straight edge to measure top of deck to floor. Same rules apply; the front measurement should be lower than the rear.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg