Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-09-2010, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Looking for a Lawn Billing Program

Im looking for a Lawn Billing Program that I can print invoices and keep track of expenses. I've been looking at Gopher Software and LawnPro Software. Does anybody have any info or thoughts on these or recommend any other programs. Thanks!!
Old 08-09-2010, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you type "software" in that box up there, you will get alot of info.

We use lawnpro, if you're just starting out it's a good inexpensive way to get into it.
I don't like it. Already out grew it. For instance, yes it keeps track of expenses, BUT, you can not do a query to find out what you spent at ABC gas. It literally just keeps a running tally of your expenses, no ability to break down to see where your moneys going the most.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I use quickbooks pro and it is awesome. Best software for a small business in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-10-2010, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Try landscapebilling.com i like it its a on line billing program
Old 08-10-2010, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I also recommend www.landscapebilling.com

I've been using it 3 yrs now and love it!

A bunch of websites that all forward to www.FargoSnow.com

where are the real business growth experts? I know you are here reading and keeping tabs on the industry. PM me...
Old 08-10-2010, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've used paypal integrated into my site, landscapebilling.com, and gopher.

I recommend gopher. Not only is it good for billing and invoicing, but great for scheduling and keeping track of customers.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I tried to use lawnpro 3 for about a year and, well, I stoped using it for many reasons.

On this site I found a similar thread and a guy had a link to www.serviceautopilot.com

I checked it out and subsequently bought the subscription. Ive already sent a few emails to the company on a few questions I had in setting my system up... the next day I had answers by email AND they had called me to make sure my question was answered! Now that's customer service. This is the best system I have ever seen. It is pricier, but you get what you pay for.

Example: Here's how mine works. After entering my lawn customers in the system and setting up the schedule I am ready to go. I arrive at the first customers home of the day, pull up the website on my mobile phone, login then input truck miles and select the crew I am using and click "start". The system then records this on the server. I pull down my schedule list of customers, find my first customer and then click "Arrive" and when I am done "Leave" (and make notes of payments received or not received, etc). The time on each job is also logged on the server. Go to the next yard and repeat. Need to skip a yard, no problem, I just hit "skip" on my phone. Need to get my route tighter to avoid driving way too far out of the way, no problem, just select one button to route all of my lawns for the day near each other in order. Too many benefits to list here. I would just suggest checking it out for yourself and see if it is worth the investment. This is the best investment I have made for my business in quite some time. It is saving me hours of bookkeeping. Oh, and if you use quickbooks it syncs with it.
14x7 landscaping trailer
12x6 P&T hydro dump trailer w/leaf box
We run Gravely ZTRs, Honda 21"s, Kawasaki trimmers, Redmax Backpacks, LittleWonder loader
Old 08-12-2010, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Member

landscapebilling.com looks pretty interesting. I just need something simple. Only have a few customers at the moment. I'm going to sign up for it.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do not get Lawn Pro. Way WAY to many things not working the way they should regarding Invoicing, Scheduling and other things.

Worst money I spent in this buisness so far. Had it for only a month. I will be going with Gopher next time. Hopefully they are better.

If I had 30 customers instead of 16 i'd be making some very costly mistakes because of this program.....
Old 08-13-2010, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Member

I created a Excel Spread sheet that I input all my income and expenses daily. I have it programed so I can see what is happening daily, weekly, monthly, and year to date. I created a invoice in Excel and submit these to my Montly and commercial customers. For residential customers who are billed at each cutting, I use a "General Purpose Sales Order Book" that I get at Walmart for less than 2 bucks. This allows me tp track all my income and expenses, and my accountant does not have any trouble pulling info from my books when it comes to tax time.
44" Toro Proline WB / 15 HP Kawasaki
21" Sears Push Mower
Echo Trimmers
Echo Backpack Blowers
Solo Sprayers