Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-24-2000, 03:44 AM
LawnSite Member

hi. i'm having a problem w/ my rear lights.<br>sometimes they work.... sometime they don't.<br>front lights r fine, but nuthing outta the rear.... back up,brake,etc....<br>i have a 1992 C-1500.<br>please help..... the last time they didn't <br>work..... BIG Brother got me...... <br>THANKS!!!!
Old 02-24-2000, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Start at the rear lights and work back towards the cab. There must be short or a bad ground. Look down at the 89 3/4 ton thread. he had a similar problem.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org
Old 02-24-2000, 10:46 PM
haulinbass

funny. me and a buddy of mine have the same truck and 89 3/4 chevy. and we both have the same trouble the right tailight. blinks real fast. anyway at the tailight itself unplug the wires going to the bulb and there is a metal plate. connection needs to be cleaned and re-solder the connections. my buddy did it and it works fine now. check out the 89 chevy 3500 discussion and see if you have the same trouble we were having sounds like it. it is pretty common i guess for chevy's that are about 10 years old. <br>-haulinbass