Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-13-2010, 04:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Don't listen to these guys. Another guy would just eat into your profit. That looks to be a city street. If you fell and cut your leg off, surely there would be somebody that would see it or someone that would come along shortly and call 911 for you. It's not like you're out in the woulds by yourself.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamjamrockinman View Post
How old are you? No offense but i have a few questions for ya.. Fully insured for this type of work? Are you trained on climbing techniques and rigging techniques to safely lower parts of the tree? All proper safety equipment (climbing gear, rigging and lowering devices, saws, etc..)? and yes a removal like this you should atleast have another guy at the bottom to run ropes if you were even climbing.. Please let the professionals do jobs like this. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen and you could seriously hurt yourself.
im 16 and i have a family member that does tree work and showed me how to cut a tree and i also have all the safty and climbing gear
Old 08-13-2010, 11:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3xx0 View Post
Don't listen to these guys. Another guy would just eat into your profit. That looks to be a city street. If you fell and cut your leg off, surely there would be somebody that would see it or someone that would come along shortly and call 911 for you. It's not like you're out in the woulds by yourself.
well i agree with everyone that i should have had someone with me it was dumb on my part not to have a helping hand and next im going to have a helping hand and just charge more to take down a tree to pay the person pain and simple
Old 08-13-2010, 03:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dont get me wrong, I think you did a good job. But in this line of work you have got ot be safe. It takes less then a second for things to go wrong. A simple job can turn deadly before you know it.

If nothing else pay someone just ot be on the ground to watch you untill you get it cut down and are out of the tree. Heck hire a mexican with a cell phone lol..

Be careful and you can make lots of money in the tree game, just dont let the money over look the safety
Old 08-13-2010, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3xx0 View Post
And the award for worst advice on lawnsite goes to you, my friend...and by the way its woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by joef450snowplow View Post
well i agree with everyone that i should have had someone with me it was dumb on my part not to have a helping hand and next im going to have a helping hand and just charge more to take down a tree to pay the person pain and simple
Tree work alone's a real bad idea but you did a good job, just bring along the help next time. It'll make it go quicker in addition to being much safer. I learned about tree work the same way you are, my uncle owned a tree service for years and I'd work with him here and there but I never completely realized how dangerous it really is until I d*mn near killed myself in a tree a couple years ago. Take it from someone who knows first had and take every precaution you possibly can. One last point about insurance, you absolutely have to have it doing trees, it's way too high risk to cheap out on. All that being said you did a better job then alot of the guys on here would have done, keep up the good work.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitchDr View Post
Dont get me wrong, I think you did a good job. But in this line of work you have got ot be safe. It takes less then a second for things to go wrong. A simple job can turn deadly before you know it.

If nothing else pay someone just ot be on the ground to watch you untill you get it cut down and are out of the tree. Heck hire a mexican with a cell phone lol..

Be careful and you can make lots of money in the tree game, just dont let the money over look the safety
thank you hhaha even mexicans r pricie hah
Old 08-14-2010, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJS View Post
And the award for worst advice on lawnsite goes to you, my friend...and by the way its woods

Tree work alone's a real bad idea but you did a good job, just bring along the help next time. It'll make it go quicker in addition to being much safer. I learned about tree work the same way you are, my uncle owned a tree service for years and I'd work with him here and there but I never completely realized how dangerous it really is until I d*mn near killed myself in a tree a couple years ago. Take it from someone who knows first had and take every precaution you possibly can. One last point about insurance, you absolutely have to have it doing trees, it's way too high risk to cheap out on. All that being said you did a better job then alot of the guys on here would have done, keep up the good work.
thank you and i dont think i could get insurance at 16 haha i could try
Old 08-14-2010, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Id like to thank you all for your advice and help and to see that there are still good people that are out in todays world to take there time and think about a persons safety they dont even know. not to sound corny but that means something to me thanks n god bless you all
Old 08-15-2010, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Member

what are you doing with the branches
Old 08-15-2010, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

copped n tied them up n the town came and took it and the bigger ones and stumps i bring upstate for the fire place and fire pit in the yard