Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-12-2010, 07:28 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

do plants have a life span

i do alot of work in a devoplopment that is 15-20 years old. alot of the houses had the original landscape installed by the same company so they all pretty much have the same material. well lately myself and a couple other guys that work in that area have noticed that we all have certain plants that are dying. some yards are irrigated so its not lake of water and its just certain things. almost like they just dying from old age.

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Old 08-12-2010, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Can you give us some examples, its hard to answer your question because it so general, pictures would be great

unfortunately in the mid Atlantic area bacterial leaf scorch moved in here about 5 years ago and all of the oaks are having a difficult time, we have lost over a dozen mature trees in our neighborhhood, what a shame
Old 08-12-2010, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

lots of blue rug junipers for one, they are the most noticable. almost every house in this development of 150 homes has dead ones. couple other places i work that are about that age have them dying also.

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Old 08-12-2010, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLARK LAWN View Post
lots of blue rug junipers for one, they are the most noticable. almost every house in this development of 150 homes has dead ones. couple other places i work that are about that age have them dying also.
There has been the standard evergreen decline that has been due to the wet weather the last three years. I've seen boxwoods, hollys, and a few other evergreens die from wet feet. I noticed you were in Ohio, and I don't know if you guys have experienced the excess rain or not.

This year everything is drying out, so I haven't noticed it at all this summer. I've seen blue rugs and blue chips get dingy as they mature, but never a decline.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.