Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-13-2010, 01:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Question What do landscapers want/need?

We are a full service outdoor power equipment shop looking to expand our inventory to meet the needs of our professional landscapers.

As a landscaper, what are the most important things you need all in one convenient location and what could we, as a power equipment store, do to make your life easier?
Old 08-13-2010, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Member

depends..

I feel that contractors that "get it" expect the dealer to stock reliable products, have a good parts stock, and a dependable service shop that can get them up and running again in a timely manner...These same contractors understand that the dealer needs to make a fair profit in order to stay in business.

However..those that "don't get it" expect the dealer to have all the same things except the dealer is suppose to discount everything to the point that the dealer goes out of business....

Except the ones that "don't get it" will try to convince you that they "do get it".
Old 08-13-2010, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I dont get it.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 08-14-2010, 12:18 PM
LawnSite Member

i understand theres probably a bunch of kids that come in the store and just bullshit but even if someone is young, don't treat them like they are just some kid thats not going to buy anything. i'm not saying a 13 year old is gonna come in and buuy a zero turn, but i am 19 and almost every dealer in town was an ass to me and acted like they didn't want to help me. they lost a lot of money when they did that. i finally found one that worked with me and treated me right even though i am younger. i have bought pretty much all my current equipment from them and i recommend them to anyone looking for outdoor equipment.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Are you lost mtn power equipment?
Old 08-18-2010, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Definitely NOT lost mountain.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Are they a big competitor of you? What store are you? We go to lost mtn and they are very nice and helpful to us.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Fair prices, well stocked parts and a friendly staff. I repair all my equipment myself so service is usually not an issue unless its warranty work.

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Old 08-20-2010, 08:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dalton- View Post
i understand theres probably a bunch of kids that come in the store and just bullshit but even if someone is young, don't treat them like they are just some kid thats not going to buy anything. i'm not saying a 13 year old is gonna come in and buuy a zero turn, but i am 19 and almost every dealer in town was an ass to me and acted like they didn't want to help me. they lost a lot of money when they did that. i finally found one that worked with me and treated me right even though i am younger. i have bought pretty much all my current equipment from them and i recommend them to anyone looking for outdoor equipment.
I agree, I'm only 20 and went to lots of dealers to buy some equipment and they didn't take me seriously, I found a small local guy that took me seriously and helped me a lot, since then I buy all my stuff from him, and he made some good cash off me.

I hate the facts some dealer ship always wants to take my money, they always try to sell my the top of the line equipment when I don't really need it.
Complete lawn care services
Old 08-20-2010, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dalton- View Post
This is the exact same problem that I have.

The only other suggestion that I would have is to try to stock as many parts as you can afford and make sure your service people are knowledgeable and willing to talk to people about the problems they are having. I do all the work to my equipment myself and when I can find a service person that is willing to help me and give me advice, thats where I buy my parts. Otherwise I take my business elsewhere.