Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-14-2010, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Member

what you you all charge

for a 6 acre sports feild all flat
Old 08-14-2010, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

This is not an answer you're looking for, but it hopefully will help you....

I, nor anyone else on this site, can tell you what to charge. What I charge and what someone else charges, could be completely different. My expenses are different than yours. I don't what your expenses are nor do I know what you want to profit.

What you need to do, is sit down and go over your business. Figure out what all your expenses are so you know what you need to profit on a job.

For example (these are all made up numbers), if I have a property that is going to take me 1.5 hours to complete, I need to figure out what expenses I will have in that 1.5 hours. I'll have fuel, maintenance, depreciation, insurance and pay for the person working. to pay in that 1.5 hours. On top of all that stuff, my business should profit something from it. Say my expenses total $35 (with worker's pay)/hour. That 1.5 hour job is going to cost me roughly $55 in just expenses. If I haven't paid myself yet, add on another $15/hour and then the profit for my business at $10/hour. So I would need to charge $60/hour just to make what I would want on that job. So the 1.5 hour job would need to be priced at $90.

So you need to figure out what your expenses cost, what your employee (if you have one needs to make), what you want to make and what your business needs to make. Once you have this info, you should know how long it will take to do the job at hand, then just price accordingly.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds