Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-04-2012, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshutlover View Post
Was the Test The Same Test Or did it difer?>
are you answering your own question or telling us that the test is the same? i am studying the 300 page manual for it now and i'd like any info./help you or anyone else can give. Thanks.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

there are two different versions of the test

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 02-04-2012, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
there are two different versions of the test
Appreciate the quick response. Another question I have for you is what is the format of test questions? Essay, multiple choice, matching, and how much of each? This would be invaluable to prepare for this test! Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-04-2012, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwoodcutter View Post
Appreciate the quick response. Another question I have for you is what is the format of test questions? Essay, multiple choice, matching, and how much of each? This would be invaluable to prepare for this test! Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device
all of the above. i rememeber there was T/F, multiple choice, matching, & a few fill in the blank

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 02-04-2012, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
all of the above. i rememeber there was T/F, multiple choice, matching, & a few fill in the blank
Cool. I think I can handle fill in the blank. I'm 45 and trying to become legit by doing this and doing a few of the others like herbicide and pesticide. Thanks again
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-03-2012, 04:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I took it and passed it a few weeks ago (Feb 15th), this was my second attempt and the second test is slightly different from the first, be sure to know the Fert. calculations, mulch calculations thats what bit me on the first test...their are some really detailed questions on that test for such a wide variety of information.....Good luck!!

Chad Clark
225-257-5566
chad@clarkunlimited.com
www.clarkunlimited.com
www.facebook.com/culawns
La. Licensed Landscape Horticulturist
La. Licensed Ornamental & Turf Pesticide Applicator
La. Licensed Irrigation Contractor
Old 03-03-2012, 08:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks again for responding. I'm taking the test next Friday, the 9th after lunch. Since taking it again and it's kind of fresh, what do you remember specifically being on it, and how many of each type of question,(multiple choice, matching, fill in the blank). When you talk about knowing the calculations, do you have to work a problem, or just correctly match it. Also, i don't remember seeing the mulch calculations in the manual and went online to find it. I hope i am using the right one. One other thing, how many questions are there about the general rules from that little blue manual, not the 300 page thing. I was told there would be something from that.
So how well did you pass it if you don't mind me asking? Do you just have to pass with a 70 or better? you don't know how much i appreciate this info. I think i have test anxiety anyway, but i feel like a lot is riding on me passing this one. Thanks again.

Scott

Last edited by gwoodcutter; 03-03-2012 at 08:26 AM. Reason: had another question or 2.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I guess by now you have taken the test, I hope everything worked out for you.

Chad Clark
225-257-5566
chad@clarkunlimited.com
www.clarkunlimited.com
www.facebook.com/culawns
Old 03-12-2012, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Ha ha! your timing couldn't be worse! Just kidding. I took it today and was basically done within 15-20 minutes. 38 questions. I knew glancing over it that i didn't study the right material. It was all over annuals/perennials, shade tolerance of the different grasses. I made 16 pages of notes/questions and only a handful of them were on the test. It blew me away where the questions actually came from.
My wife said to just be patient, maybe i'll get it back and will have passed it, but you know when you passed and when you didn't. A question, if i failed, then i have to reapply, you said their is a second test that is over other material? Frustrating is not adequate to describe how i feel about having to jump through these hoops for this certification. All i want to be able to do is lay sod, plant some beds, and fertilize my yards. I don't remember having to be certified years ago to do these same things. Sorry if I'm rambling, or more like venting. I'll try to remember to let you know how i did.
How is having your certification making things different for you now? Congratulations!
Old 03-13-2012, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Having my cert. looks good when presenting yourself and your business to people, also I can now get contractors pricing at nurseries so I can buy my plants/mulch/sod at wholesale prices and sell them to the customer at retail and make a small profit on the materials as well as on the labor. It also allows me to push the landscaping side of my business more now that I am certified.
It took me 2 attempts to pass it, the second time I had a better idea as to what to study and was better prepaired the second time around.

Chad Clark
225-257-5566
chad@clarkunlimited.com
www.clarkunlimited.com
www.facebook.com/culawns