Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-15-2010, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Clip software input

I am still loking at several software packages and recently I have been checking out "Clip" . What appears to be a great feature is the add on feature, a mobile hand held devise that is used by the foreman/crew leader which is loaded w/ features to help track crews, save time with time sheets and streamline paperwork!? Pricey, but sounds pretty good and I feel it may be able to save quite a bit more than it costs??

That being said, I am still leaning towards the "Groundskeeper Pro" program mainly b/c of the reviews and the cost.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Rick
Atlantic Curb Appeal
Old 08-16-2010, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We have Clip, however we have the original version not the XE, so our version is not compatible with the hand held devices. Overall I like it, its not as user friendly as others I have seen, but its ok after you get used to it. The price does not bother me because there are many others that are way more expensive, like Real Green.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for your input. I am wanting to get something by the end of the month and I was set on Groundskeeper pro until I came across Clip. I was really impressed with clips features, but I am still leaning towards GK as the reviews regarding customer service and maintenance fees for clip are far from steller?
Old 08-18-2010, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We use Groundskeeper Pro. It's ok. There are a few things I would change, but overall, it gets the job done. We don't use it for scheduling. A friend who owns a larger company (800 residential properties cut per week) here in Atlanta uses CLIP for scheduling her crews and likes the way it dovetails with Quickbooks Pro for bookkeeping and billing.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Clip Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Man View Post
I am still loking at several software packages and recently I have been checking out "Clip" . What appears to be a great feature is the add on feature, a mobile hand held devise that is used by the foreman/crew leader which is loaded w/ features to help track crews, save time with time sheets and streamline paperwork!? Pricey, but sounds pretty good and I feel it may be able to save quite a bit more than it costs??

That being said, I am still leaning towards the "Groundskeeper Pro" program mainly b/c of the reviews and the cost.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Rick
Atlantic Curb Appeal
If landscape maintenance is just a hobby for you, get Groundskeeper Pro. But if you want to build a business that you can sell for 1 million+ when you retire, get Clip Software.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:53 AM
LawnSite Member

I Have Gk Pro and works great, Have not used the Schuduling or routing yet.... Gk has a place some where guy like us can make recommendations for changes and enough of them and Gk Pro will be the new and cheaper version of Clip or Real Green! IMHO.... My .02