Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-17-2010, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tree Removal

How much would you charge to cut down 8 12' dead cherry trees and 1 20' bradford tree dead?? Only need to cut it down to the stump.... no stump grinding or complete root removal.

Thanks
Old 08-17-2010, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Member

If I were doing it, I would figure out how many hours it was going to take you for the entire job and then charge what ever your hourly rate for labor is. Also figure in if your going to have to pay to dump the trees or if your burning or desposing of them yourself. I would figure in money for hauling as well. Hope it helps
Old 08-17-2010, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Leaving on site or Hauling off ?

If hauling off how many loads will it take you and at what cost per load?

Id remove the whole tree with root ball and all on the 8' trees $125 each including filling in the hole left behind for around $125 and have maybe 5-10 min on each tree.

Id go no less than $75 per tree on the 8' and no less then $250 on the 20' aiming for $100@8' & $300@20' around here an "Expert Tree service" company would get 12-$1500 maybe more for described work chipping and hauling off.

04 duramax crew cab w/flatbed

21", 33" WB, Trimmer & blower let the lowballing begin yes I have chainsaws big & small, polesaws & more..... if it's orange & white it turns me on

Landscaping Design, Installing both Hard & Softscapes
Old 08-17-2010, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

yeah I was thinking $130/tree (8') and $250 sounds good on the 20' Im hauling off but not removing the roots caz the guy thinks hes trying to save money this way. Are the prices high because im not removing the roots? Im hauling them out with a 350 ford pickup I think it will take me aprox 3-4 trips max im hoping 2
Old 08-17-2010, 01:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure on dump fees although you probally know for your area, typically $65 a truck load, If you think 3-4 trip bid for atleast 5 and pray for 2-3,

Dont ppl use cherry to smoke meats? id look into it, If you have a place to stack it you may be able to sell or atleast give it away, Cut about 12"-16" long, not worth it if the time it takes you to cut up cost you as much dumping it,

You may wanna try for $150 & $250, Hauling off only cost me the labor $$ out, fuel & time on most jobs, I own enough property to get away with getting rid if it.

How long you thinking this will take you including trips to dump? How many ppl involved? figure all that and what your time is worth,

Some ppl have a certain rate per hour they have to set to make ends & also pocket a little money to by a big mac at the end of the day. If youve figured this number out for yourself then multiple it by hours involved add a couple hours for insurance then add the dump fees.

04 duramax crew cab w/flatbed

21", 33" WB, Trimmer & blower let the lowballing begin yes I have chainsaws big & small, polesaws & more..... if it's orange & white it turns me on

Landscaping Design, Installing both Hard & Softscapes
Old 08-17-2010, 01:57 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

100 pr tree for the cherries, and 200 for the Other one,
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-17-2010, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Its going to be just me. I say 8 hours max with dumping and all
Old 08-17-2010, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Member

do you need to be a licensed arborist to remove smaller trees like this?
Old 08-18-2010, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

What size trailer or bed of truck prices are right but will take more than 8 hours if making multiple trips to the dump. The bradford pear will suprise you on how much room it will take up on your truck. I'm not sure if you or anyone else does this but invest in 2 steel cables. Wrap one around the load and connect it around the brush with a shakel. Take cable 2 and attack it to an achor point. With everything rigged up drive forward from under the load. The cable around the load will pull tight and everything should slide out. This is very fast compaired to pitching it off. I'm not sure if this is common practice but it makes it much easier for me.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

No lic needed to take a dead tree down lol, and Im only cutting it to the stump