Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-22-2000, 01:18 AM
haulinbass

i am having trouble with my right turn signal on my 89 chevy p/u. the blinker blinks really fast. at times it will work and then it will go nuts and all the dash lights start flashing as well. you step on the brakes and the backup lights come on. the bulbs are good as welll as the ground. here is the kicker i have a buddy that has the same truck and it is doing the exact same thing. go figure. oh also when i plug in the trailer lights on my boat everything works fine. however a couple times it would start acting nuts and when i hit the brakes my side running lights would come on. please need help with this. it has us both scratching our heads thanks...h-bass<p>
Old 02-22-2000, 06:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well you either have a short somewhere, or a ground is bad someplace else. Check and recheck everything.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org
Old 02-22-2000, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Member

well, dino is probebly right. check the wire insulation where the wires go threw the fire wall. sometimes it gets rubbed off. and check connection terminals that could be exposed to corrosion.<p>frahmie
Old 02-23-2000, 12:54 AM
haulinbass

problem solved. resoldered connections behind tailight. this is common in chevys that are 10 years old or so. thanks all for input......h-bass