Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-31-2014, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Kenworth t270

Hey guys im looking on adding a small dump truck to my fleet and selling my ford 650 and 750. Was talking to my local kenworth dealer today he mentiond the t270. Anybody have any thoughts on the truck? Or own one? I know there was someone on here who bought a t370? And didnt like it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-31-2014, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If it is anything like my t370 run away.... That being said I do believe mine is just a lemon but the dealer support and corporate support has been absolutely terrible to non existant. I have owned the truck about a year and a half, out of that time it has been in the shop over 5 months.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafty View Post
If it is anything like my t370 run away.... That being said I do believe mine is just a lemon but the dealer support and corporate support has been absolutely terrible to non existant. I have owned the truck about a year and a half, out of that time it has been in the shop over 5 months.
I just had my peterbilt 337 in the shop 2,000 miles bad belt tensioner and the rear seals were leaking on both axels
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-31-2014, 05:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The Pete, and the KW are going to be identical trucks other then a few body panels. They are both owned by a company called Paccar. In most cases you can actually take your KW to the Pete dealership and have some of the warranty work done and vise versa. Surprisingly those are 2 of the very few things that have not been done to my truck. What motor, and rear end is in your truck? I sure hope those are the only problems you have with your truck.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
The Pete, and the KW are going to be identical trucks other then a few body panels. They are both owned by a company called Paccar. In most cases you can actually take your KW to the Pete dealership and have some of the warranty work done and vise versa. Surprisingly those are 2 of the very few things that have not been done to my truck. What motor, and rear end is in your truck? I sure hope those are the only problems you have with your truck.
Yeah they actually both come off the same assembly line in Canada. I figured i would switch it up and put a kenworth in the mix. both of my petes have he px7 with 260 hp with dana spicer rears
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-01-2015, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I deliver propane and heating oil all winter, we are having the same experience with international. The latest comment from the dealer service manager is that our truck has a "ghost" living in it.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We just bought a Kenworth. After the last 4 trucks I've had have been Peterbilts. I love the kenworth its a awesome truck much more comfortable then the petes and the dealer support here is awesome. I can't comment on the paccar motors as Im a cummins ISX guy.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsops View Post
Yeah they actually both come off the same assembly line in Canada. I figured i would switch it up and put a kenworth in the mix. both of my petes have he px7 with 260 hp with dana spicer rears
Posted via Mobile Device
Mine has the PX9 and a 23k rear not sure of the mfg. Check your pm I just responded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegartydirtwork View Post
I deliver propane and heating oil all winter, we are having the same experience with international. The latest comment from the dealer service manager is that our truck has a "ghost" living in it.
Its pretty pathetic, as much as these trucks cost and that is the response you get from a dealer. If I treated my customers like that I would be long gone and out of business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchtime View Post
We just bought a Kenworth. After the last 4 trucks I've had have been Peterbilts. I love the kenworth its a awesome truck much more comfortable then the petes and the dealer support here is awesome. I can't comment on the paccar motors as Im a cummins ISX guy.
The Class 8 trucks are a different animal. The KW and Pete are going to be different trucks.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchtime View Post
Dont quote me , but aren't the pacar motors rebranded cummins?

AEL

Site works, Land clearing, Wood Grinding, Demolition

Check out our new YouTube account!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWI...YEpKMXUcrB1jBw
Old 01-02-2015, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think so... Paccar has a plant here, spent 5-600million to build the plant a few years ago.