Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-29-2011, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRRITECH View Post
Uh, no.....it's you. Take it to a mechanic and let him look at it.
Is that the best advice you can give me? Take it to a mechanic? Why would I want to start unplugging any sensors? If you got to start unplugging things, that should tell you right there something aint right.

I tried calling you on the phone today, and the least you could do is return my phone call and make sure I'm operating it like you say.

If you say this thing is working properly, you have buy the thing back, and I pay the shipping to get it to ya. What do you say?

What yall are not getting is I have this on the highest setting and even with the reel not engaged it will die.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The highest setting on your mower is still much lower than the lowest setting on your mower now. Also, we are talking about a completely different cut.

When my house was first built, the sod was uneven just like the rest of my neighbors. Construction workers, realtor's, etc had walked all over right after they sodded the yard. I got lucky since some of my neighbors yards are incredibly uneven.

I spent 3 seasons topdressing with sand to get it to where I could easily mow with a reel. It would take the whole weekend spreading sand.

Even slight bumps will make it hard
Old 04-29-2011, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Member

I can run the mower over my concrete driveway without the reels engaged and will die. Tell me if that is normal?
Old 04-29-2011, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have seen many lawns making the transition from being topped with a string trimmer or mowed with a rotary go through a renovation process where the existing zoysia or bermuda is sawed down to the ground with a 32 tooth sapling blade. There is no way a lawn previously maintained at 21/2 inches or more can be cut smoothly with a reel mower. Once the overgrowth is sawed down and the majority of the thatch is removed. then it is possible to mow with a reel mower.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 05-01-2011, 02:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95Z71 View Post
I can run the mower over my concrete driveway without the reels engaged and will die. Tell me if that is normal?
No it's not. Check the oil level in it and change it if needed. Take his advice and unplug the yellow oil sensor wire provided it's a Honda gx160. If it works fine after that you'll know its the sensor. Good luck.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Member

What do you know, I called the seller out and now no more response. Perhaps mower wasn't running right and now no answer on his phone or reply. Anything to make a buck, what happened to integrity? I for one could never do something like this, all seller could suggest was to just take it in to a mechanic. What comes around goes around (Carma) just like they say.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95Z71 View Post
What do you know, I called the seller out and now no more response. Perhaps mower wasn't running right and now no answer on his phone or reply. Anything to make a buck, what happened to integrity? I for one could never do something like this, all seller could suggest was to just take it in to a mechanic. What comes around goes around (Carma) just like they say.
I have given you every response on here that I can. If you won't try a few simple things then I can't help you. This was a month long process during which I held the mower for you. You did not pay for the paypal fees that you said you would, I put it on Uship because you couldn't figure it out, I finally booked shipping for you because you wouldn't, lost another $50 in fees when the shipper cancelled and have yet to get those back. You had someone come and look at it and it ran fine then. Don't give me this carma crap, the mower is in great shape and if you have no idea what you are doing then you should not have bought it. It ran fine when it left, verified by you, so my best advice is to let someone look at it. Not my problem. You are more than welcome to ship it back.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Member

I tried backing off the throttle and unplugging the oil sensor, none of which worked. If you can't run it any higher than half throttle or if you gotta start unplugging sensors, something is up with the mower.

Yeah I would have sent the the 18.00 if the mower was worth it. Don't give me this crap about you holding the mower it was like you didn't receive any money for it. I paid for the mower instantly. Perhaps you forget to metion that in the end, I was the one to booked the mower. I never once said I didn't know what I was doing with this mower. I wouldn't give you half the amount you were asking for if I saw it in person, everything is rusted, missing master link, and reel was lose. Yeah you can have it back for what I paid for it, like I said I'll even pay for shipping.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Okay, you obviously can't read. Go back and read the post. Never said half throttle. And you obviously don't know what you are doing. You got a C-27 Tru Cut in good shape. Commercial version not the homeowner. AND you had it checked out by someone who owns a Tru Cut. No you did not pay for it instantly. Anyway not going to argue with you. Have someone look at it and let me know what they say or stop complaining.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't need you to tell me what I got I know what model I have. You are the idiot here. Forgot to mention that the tires are almost completely bald and the bedknife was over half worn. Guys don't trust this seller for anything (work or any lawn equipment). He will cut you short. Just ask me. Let me know when u want this shipped.
Posted via Mobile Device