Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 12-14-2010, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman9379 View Post
I personally installed the mulch kit on my Hustler Sport 42" with Honda motor this fall. There was indeed a baffle that went between the blades. The part number for the kit that included the mulching blades, baffle, and chute blocker was 112609.
I should of mentioned that the Sport he has doesn't use it, sorry.
Yours has a rear swept deck, his has a forward swept deck, this was a running change this past year.

Pj
Old 03-10-2011, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerconsultant View Post
I should of mentioned that the Sport he has doesn't use it, sorry.
Yours has a rear swept deck, his has a forward swept deck, this was a running change this past year.

Pj

Ahh...I think we just figured it out. Mine is indeed a rear swept deck as well. My anti scalp tire is in the rear left side of the deck indicated a rear swept deck. So I guess I'm needing the baffles that was designed for this deck. Wow, the dealer I purchased this from should've known this. Gonna see if I can get the baffles put on and try it when the grass comes in this year.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Did you get the baffels and did that fix your issue?
Old 05-03-2011, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drforster View Post
Did you get the baffels and did that fix your issue?
Yes I did get the baffles. It's a much better machine now. I still have to sometimes run over some clumping but it's nothing like it used to be. And it really doesn't take much time...just raise the deck up a half inch and roll fast over the rows. I have the gator blades on it now and I'm gonna switch back to the wavy mulching blades tomorrow to see the difference.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsequick View Post
Yes I did get the baffles. It's a much better machine now. I still have to sometimes run over some clumping but it's nothing like it used to be. And it really doesn't take much time...just raise the deck up a half inch and roll fast over the rows. I have the gator blades on it now and I'm gonna switch back to the wavy mulching blades tomorrow to see the difference.
Please explain rear swept vs front swept decks. I was thinking about a 2011 sport, but now I'm getting nervous about the clumping. My Honda 21" struggles through the dense juicy spring grass.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The swept deck term just means we mounted the deck in the frame with the discharge chute in the front of the right side of the frame, that's forward swept.
It is now a rear swept mount.

Pj