Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-22-2010, 07:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Peterson Grading View Post
I have a 12" 18" 24" 36" and a 48" for both of my hoes.

My 48 is just a Deere 310 clean out bucket that I had re worked to fir my hoe, I think you might have trouble finding someone that will make you a Deere style bucket side quick tatch though. Does Deere make a bucket side blank you could have welded on?

As for a deep bucket. Look at a New holland/Ford back hoe bucket. The are just huge!! About twice the volume of a standard mini hoe bucket. If my Volvo had more azz I would rework one in a heart beat.

J.
I'm pretty sure minimax has had the quicktach plates fabbed for his 35d. So it shouldn' be an issue at all. P hold did the 2500 an dmax handle that load? Any pics of the truck all hooked up to the new toy?

Matt
Old 08-22-2010, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The 2500hd pulled it no problem, the engine brake was very very nice coming down the rockies. When I drove I got around 12-13mpg and the other guy got no more then 5mpg. He drove like a ass hole till I had to explain what's making the difference.

I don't have any pictures of it hooked up but I may get some today, I have to go move some cut down trees with it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-22-2010, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
whats the difference? its pulling the machine forward, the chains on the back are pulling it back, creating a downforce, right?
NOPE - The weight of the machine is creating a down force. a very small amount of down force is created by the slight change in elevation of the chains, but the vast majority is weight of the machine, otherwise the machine would be floating in mid air.

The chains force is in the forward/back and side to side directions. The more forward attachment points mean that the chains have a greater ability to resist movement in the f/b direction, and less ability to resist movement s/s.

BTW I think that excavators look just plain silly when put on a trailer facing forward.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Find a piece of thick walled steel pipe and cut out what you need, stretch the pipe with a bottle jack and weld the side plates on and cutting edge and top plate, a buddy of mine does that with his mini's, saves thousands of dollars in buckets.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 08-22-2010, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Your buddy is a effeing hack then.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-22-2010, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabmasonry View Post
NOPE - The weight of the machine is creating a down force. a very small amount of down force is created by the slight change in elevation of the chains, but the vast majority is weight of the machine, otherwise the machine would be floating in mid air.

The chains force is in the forward/back and side to side directions. The more forward attachment points mean that the chains have a greater ability to resist movement in the f/b direction, and less ability to resist movement s/s.

BTW I think that excavators look just plain silly when put on a trailer facing forward.
I know that the excavator creates a downforce, I am not a complete idiot. I meant the chains.

And just a question. Whats it matter what it looks like, loaded? Loaded backwards is a bad idea on a tag trailer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 08-22-2010, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice machine, I love 50D's. I operated one for the guy I used to work for, and loved it. Very smooth, quick machines. How good of a deal did you get to drive that far? Where did you pick it up?
Old 08-22-2010, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post

And just a question. Whats it matter what it looks like, loaded? Loaded backwards is a bad idea on a tag trailer..
It doesn't matter for minis. If it fits either way, chain it down and go, makes no difference. Loading backwards is not a bad idea

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Old 08-22-2010, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scag48 View Post
It doesn't matter for minis. If it fits either way, chain it down and go, makes no difference. Loading backwards is not a bad idea
go ahead and throw it on there backwards and pull it with the nose of the truck in the air.. Thats why I said on a TAG trailer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 08-22-2010, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah junior is right, you couldn't get that machine on the trailer backwards. It would make for waaaaaaay to much tongue weight.

I saved over 30k from what the local dealers wanted. Worth the drive if you asked me. This is after we had to argue about the purchase because I live in a "protected territory" so the dealer in idaho didn't want to sell it to me. I was going to buy a cat repo machine but I feel much better with this deal, I got a brandnew machine just the way I wanted it. I'm paying zero percent interest and cat financial didn't get to bone another customer while simultaneous trashing the market and excavating business. The topic of cat financial will be saved for a new thread though.
Posted via Mobile Device