Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-22-2010, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Zab gave you the right answer. Those chains will stop it from going forward or backwards but they are stretched out to far to help with the side to side movement.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-22-2010, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
Zab gave you the right answer. Those chains will stop it from going forward or backwards but they are stretched out to far to help with the side to side movement.
Posted via Mobile Device
Incorrect as long as the chains on the back are doing their job because if the machine can't come forward then it can't go sideways because that would require one of the chains to lengthen on the front.

And Jr it depends on the machine trailer and truck on which is the best way to haul it
Old 08-22-2010, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93turbo View Post
Incorrect as long as the chains on the back are doing their job because if the machine can't come forward then it can't go sideways because that would require one of the chains to lengthen on the front.

And Jr it depends on the machine trailer and truck on which is the best way to haul it
I just wanted some kind of answer!

And thats why I said tag trailer.. especially a tag trailer behind a pick up.

A pic of chris's F250 with the yanmar or takkie behind it is a perfect example of how well you can balance a machine on a tag trailer behind a truck..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 08-22-2010, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
I just wanted some kind of answer!

And thats why I said tag trailer.. especially a tag trailer behind a pick up.

A pic of chris's F250 with the yanmar or takkie behind it is a perfect example of how well you can balance a machine on a tag trailer behind a truck..
And the boom has to go FORWARD!

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 08-22-2010, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
And the boom has to go FORWARD!
backwards and some part of your truck would be off the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 08-22-2010, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93turbo View Post

No I Don't agree, the chains in the front don't have enough side to side pull. The chains in the back could be tight as piss and pulling side to side great but the front of the machine could still move and the back stay in the same place. Gravel rat will be along shortly to explain in great detail what I'm trying to say I'm sure.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-22-2010, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Where in Idaho did you buy it?

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
No I Don't agree, the chains in the front don't have enough side to side pull. The chains in the back could be tight as piss and pulling side to side great but the front of the machine could still move and the back stay in the same place. Gravel rat will be along shortly to explain in great detail what I'm trying to say I'm sure.
Posted via Mobile Device
Gravel who? you mean people still read his dribble Its not a matter of what you beleive its a simple matter of geometry. A chain acts like a pendulum so for the chain to move sideways it would have to move forward plain and simple.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Yeah junior is right, you couldn't get that machine on the trailer backwards. It would make for waaaaaaay to much tongue weight.

I saved over 30k from what the local dealers wanted. Worth the drive if you asked me. This is after we had to argue about the purchase because I live in a "protected territory" so the dealer in idaho didn't want to sell it to me. I was going to buy a cat repo machine but I feel much better with this deal, I got a brandnew machine just the way I wanted it. I'm paying zero percent interest and cat financial didn't get to bone another customer while simultaneous trashing the market and excavating business. The topic of cat financial will be saved for a new thread though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Saved 30k?? That sounds crazy! Arent they worth like 65k new? Thats close to half!
Old 08-22-2010, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
Who cares about the chains.. its didn't fall off did it?

I'm mean heck you could have been like junior and put some straps on it

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall