Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-23-2010, 06:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

If he bitches about the price of materials , tell him to go get it, drop it off at your shop and you will take it off the bill. End of discusion as we all know he aint gonna do it.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

it would be nice if you could go back and un-repair the work since he decided to un-pay you...
Old 08-23-2010, 06:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Inc View Post
If he bitches about the price of materials , tell him to go get it, drop it off at your shop and you will take it off the bill. End of discusion as we all know he aint gonna do it.
And when you used a LASCO fitting, and he bought you a SPEARS fitting, say "Nope. Wrong one. Try again."

I've had a couple of whiners lately as well.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:27 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Ask the a**hole if the mechanic that fixes his car marks up the parts. Not only do they mark them up, there is a huge markup and they dont have to even go anywhere to get it, the parts stores deliver. Ask if the plumber marks up his materials or if the carpenter doing an addition charges him the same price paid for 2x4's. He agreed on the price and you did the work. If it wasn't done properly than you have an obligation to make sure it is in a timely manner. Everybody makes mistakes, you can't just cancel your payment without giving the contractor the opportunity to make it right. If it isnt a lot of money, I would go take my parts back.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Sprinkler Guy View Post
My licensed, and experienced tech gave the customer a better price because of the other work he did. He also felt he could finish it in a shorter amount of time becuase of his experience.
This was not a low ball job my friend. This is a quality job at a fair price.
This wont make you feel any better but your top of line tech makes a rookie mistake and you end up with a call back and an upset customer I don't see how you would expect the client to be happy. Of course there's no need for the client to complain about a price that he agreed to. He probably went into slowes or HD and say pvc fittings and their prices...

Now since he decided to "un-pay" you it would be nice if you legally were able to "un-repair" the job...but then you'd be throwing good money after bad...

I am currently in the middle of a warranty dispute with maytag. they have been out 4 time in three weeks with one canceled service visit the day of the visit to fix my dryer. I'm claiming lemon, they are claiming its been different parts repaired each time. My head is about to explode. 5th visit was supposed to be today but its rescheduled to tuesday...start of week #4 with out a dyer... 20+ hours of wasted vacation hours...
Old 08-23-2010, 07:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Sprinkler Guy View Post
Yup,

I got one of those jobs. One of my guys goes over there to do some work and gets it taken care of. Gives pricing before the job and all is a go. He was moving pretty quick because he had some 6 stops to make that day.

Get a call couple days later from the engineer son who starts complaining about how we made the repair. Wanted it done a different way that was against code and a "patch" but would've been cheaper than a replacement.

We left a solenoid open a tad on something we did so it looked like what we did was leaking and of course he jumped all on that about how we did a shoddy job.

As were in the conversation he is complaining about the price, the "leak" and how we charged too much for what we did. He looked up our parts cost somewhere online I am assuming and keeps repeating over and over how much my material "cost" was. So then he tells me he canceled payment on the credit card. I went by and fixed the issues, and honestly dont know and dont care what ends up happening on the payment. I am ticked off I got so mad about it.

I know my price was probably 15% better than any of my competitors for a fact.

Anyway just venting. Its like sometimes people want you to come out and work for charity. I get tired of people always thinking contractors are always out to get them some days. They didnt even give me a chance to make it right before totally overreacting. Then they are an armchair expert even though they were too flipping lazy to go out there and chop through the roots and rock and fix it themselves. Everyone forgets about all the garbage we have to deal with on a daily basis. Heaven forbid we make a profit on a job and pay for the ones we get screwed on.

When I have to deal with guys like this it puts me in a bad mood for a few days which ticks me off even more.

So what can you guys tell me that will put me in a better mood for the SLAMMED upcoming week I have got?
i hate to be this way but, the engineer son should be told to keep his fukin mouth shut and mind his own fukin business. i can't stand these sharp penciled sonsabitches, always trying to pinch every penny they can from a contractor.

canceling payment IS fraud in my opinion (what's your DA think?) and i feel that this is a premeditated act, possibly a matter of business with these people.

if this jerkytits is an engineer, he works for someone. find out where he works and send the sheriff there to investigate this further.

if all else fails, you're from texas.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Two words:
Posse, rope.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSmith View Post
I am currently in the middle of a warranty dispute with maytag. they have been out 4 time in three weeks with one canceled service visit the day of the visit to fix my dryer. I'm claiming lemon, they are claiming its been different parts repaired each time. My head is about to explode. 5th visit was supposed to be today but its rescheduled to tuesday...start of week #4 with out a dyer... 20+ hours of wasted vacation hours...
Damn man .... just go get a new dryer. IMO, the time you have wasted and the headache involved has already cost you way more than just blowing up the POS lemon and getting a new non-maytag dryer.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Kiril when you spend 60 bucks on a dryer that is barely a year old. you expect it to work..right..
I have mentioned that to the folks that if I cashed in my 20 hours vac I would have been at the break even point after the 4th visit.. not to mention the parts and service calls rate has to be killing them... it would have been cheaper for them to replace it at this point.. Unfortunately the warranty contract has no stipulation for lost time..I will say doing my laundry in the laundry rooms here on campus has been interesting... but still...the highly trained and experienced technicians are maybe not so highly skilled and trained...No wonder the maytag repair man is bored...no one wants to hire him...

the contact stipulates arbitration. i wonder if I should take em to task on arbitration after the machine is working or they replace it to get reimbursed my cleaning bills and time lost..
Old 08-23-2010, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSmith View Post
Kiril when you spend 60 bucks on a dryer that is barely a year old. you expect it to work..right..
For 60 bucks I don't expect it to even turn on, let alone work.