Old 08-23-2010, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

buy a clothesline
Old 08-23-2010, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
buy a clothesline
done that...but with all the rain we've been getting, a few times its been counter productive...I'd just as soon wash clothes at work...the view is better... but explaining the thong that ends up the dryer that belongs to someone other than my wife...may not be worth the headache...
Old 08-23-2010, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgrassguy View Post
As a side note, I have had only one deadbeat really get my "goat". When I spoke to this piece of human crap during the repair which ended up being quite a bit more extensive than first estimated he actually went hands on with me. Grabbed my shirt collar and ripped my shirt so I leveled his ass with a sharp shooter.
Cops were called and a three hour repair ended up taking all day.
Got paid but it was a pain and the JP who is a schmuck dropped the charges on the deadbeat. Found out later the deadbeat got killed while driving drunk - ran into a tree. Went to where he was buried and was going to take a dump but forgot the tp and didn't like the feel of those cheap ass plastic flowers so I just unzipped and let spray instead.
my but you have a way with words, the only thing that would have made me laugh harder would for you to have thrown the ex in the ring.

a neighbor of a former girlfriend of mine used to complain every time i would stay overnite because i'd park my truck past the property line on the public street.

cops visiting every time i stayed, chp inspections on my truck and trailer, crap thrown on my truck, she even put a stray dog in the cab of the truck that ate the seat and crapped all over the floorboard.

she killed herself after the gf sold out and moved, she was a tormented soul.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a rebuilt gas dryer 15 years ago for $50 that I'm still using today. I've had to replace the ignitor 2x, once with another spark type that burned up again and the 2nd time with a glow type. Since I put the glow type ignitor in 6 or 7 years ago, it's been trouble free.

They don't make stuff like they used to.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

BCg you are correct...things are not what they used to be... this is an electric dryer....and if I have my way I'll put a gas dryer in next time.. but th worst part part they so computerized any more, you need to be an MIT grad to understand what everything does.

it really only needs a timer, heater, blower and a motor to turn the tub...
Old 08-23-2010, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am surprised that your HD didn't just replace it. Here, they take back anything. In any condition. Cousin used to work there, had stories about ball-zy returns people would make. i.e. Grass covered used lawn mower returned in October (bought in April): "It doesn't work well, I want my money back". And HD gave them back full price.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I gave HD the benefit of the doubt. they did not build or make the product, it had a warranty so why not hold the company that made it responsible... as a stockholder, I hated HD's return policy. Come one...custom color paint, duh we made it to your specs, and you dont like it. TS although I was the benefactor of several returns, including a lawnmower and a Rigid compound miter saw, rigid random orbital sander, Dewalt cordless tools pack...HD has become a bit less tolerant on their returns though...
Old 08-23-2010, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone here ever own one of the high-speed-spin all-in-one washer-dryers?
Old 08-23-2010, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
Anyone here ever own one of the high-speed-spin all-in-one washer-dryers?
Old 08-23-2010, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I could do better beating the clothes with a stick on a flat rock in the river....