Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 03:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonpressurewashing View Post
What is the email ? I have emailed them and gotr nothing. I am so made at Sthil now. Anouther day with gas leaking on my back.
Take the cap and machine to the Stihl dealer. They will replace the cap for free REGARDLESS of the age of the machine. One of my BR600's is a 2005. My Stihl dealer replaced the cap for free on the spot. No questions asked. Despite someone misinforming me about the new caps being screw in, the newest caps are still of the flip design but quality control in manufacturing has been improved along with a new composition of materials that go into the cap.

The new cap is a huge improvement although I really wish they would go back to the screw in style cap. I was the first person on Lawnsite to raise the alarm about the flip caps back in 2005. I just retired that blower to backup status last week.

http://70.85.43.66/showthread.php?t=121293

Old 05-06-2011, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you, my dealer trying to charge me. This is the third time they have tried this. I will find a new dealer now.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Re

YES!! I have the same problem, I have a FS 80 Pro Series and it leaks so bad. I haven't hit it , dropped, it or anything of the sort and it spills gas when it tips all the time. Don't even get me started on the new plastic gas tank designs that are so "environmentally friendly."
Old 05-15-2011, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My FS130 (january '10) is a pain to get the cap on...is this part of the recall? Like every 4th fill it does not go on right and dumps gas on me.
Mike
Old 05-16-2011, 04:28 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCC LAWN CARE View Post
My FS130 (january '10) is a pain to get the cap on...is this part of the recall? Like every 4th fill it does not go on right and dumps gas on me.
Mike
Yes, it should be.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Look at it this way, it's noob proof.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes i am a semi new one! I hate that cap though.
mike
Old 05-17-2011, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Take the cap and machine to the Stihl dealer. They will replace the cap for free REGARDLESS of the age of the machine. One of my BR600's is a 2005. My Stihl dealer replaced the cap for free on the spot. No questions asked. Despite someone misinforming me about the new caps being screw in, the newest caps are still of the flip design but quality control in manufacturing has been improved along with a new composition of materials that go into the cap.

The new cap is a huge improvement although I really wish they would go back to the screw in style cap. I was the first person on Lawnsite to raise the alarm about the flip caps back in 2005. I just retired that blower to backup status last week.

http://70.85.43.66/showthread.php?t=121293
I just wanted to echo what Richard Martin said. Stopped in my Stihl dealer today, and got a replacment cap for my trimmer. It is not a normal screw in cap. But the new cap does seem to fit tighter.

Also for those of you that were hoping Stihl did away with the goofy caps, they didnt. Every new model trimmer still hat the pop top caps on them.

I picked up a new BG 86 CE blower while I was there. Something tells me Im not going to like it. Why does Stihl insist upon putting goofy features on commercial handhelds. This has auto choke and ez start. I forsee issues, but I needed a new hand held blower and this is the best they make so we shall see.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Walk into your dealer and show them the cap and they will replace it for free....the employee there gave me grief but the manager said...go back to such and such and grab one of those new caps and put it on...and then get his s/n and he will be ready to go. Does help that I had talked to said individual about buying lots of orange equipment later in the week...
mike
Old 05-18-2011, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hate those caps!!
Closed Thread

Tags
cap , gas , leaking gas , stihl