Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-24-2010, 02:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakleaf landscape View Post
I have a 2007 silverado 1500 extended cab with the 6.0L vortec max and on the highway i get 14mpg. I would like to know how a heavier truck gets better milage lol?
The Vortec Max is tuned differently, and it also has a different trans and rear axle. I have 4 2500hd's with 6.0L's two of them are the old body style which only get about 9-10 mpg and two of them are the new body style and they are getting 16-17 mpg, but as soon as you hook up a trailer to the newer ones the mileage is about the same as the old ones. Also you may drive your truck diffrently.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:22 AM
LawnSite Member

alright i love the truck and im gonna be the cowboy that brakes the ice... mind telling us what you paid?

Trailer:
6x10 open w/ racks

Mowers:
52" Everride Scorpion FX
Toro Pushes

Handhelds:
Husqvarna backpack
Echo srm-210
Echo srm-230
Echo Edger
Old 08-24-2010, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I know its not a diesel, I was really hoping to buy a diesel actually, but after talking with my mechanics, I just couldn't justify buying a duramax. Mainly because if something breaks on it, its a ton of money to get it fixed most of the time.

I did drive with a pretty "light foot" when I got the 17mpg's.

The price was well under blue book. It was $23995. It was GM certifed used, came with the remainder of the powertrain warranty (for another year and a half) and also came with the 12month-12,000 mile "bumper-to-bumper" warranty. I'm very happy with it. I love all the options on it too (PW, PL, PM, power folding mirrors, auto dimming rearview mirror, rear window defroster, HD trailering package, integrated trailer brake controller, driver information center, 3 months of Onstar for free, 4x4, side steps, center console, steeriing wheel mounted controls, MP3 hook-up, dual power seats, dual climate control). The only thing I have left to do is put in it is the line-x spray in bedliner.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 08-24-2010, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Nice..i like it.
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 08-24-2010, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well, with a little more mixed driving today I was able to get 15.5mpg....I did not tow a trailer though, more city and highway driving unloaded. I'd say I got a good 50/50 mix of city and highway today, about 100 miles worth. Again, that is with a light foot.

I'm towing tomorrow and Thursday, so I will see what I get then for mileage.

So far loving the new truck!!!!!
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 08-24-2010, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Im a Ford guy but that is a sweet looking truck. Congrats and good luck with it.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I love the red color. I wanted a red truck, but ended up getting a white crew cab 2 years ago. Still, the red is the color. I also had the 6.0 in the last truck, great motor with no trouble. My truck now has the Duramax and I love it.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerbrad View Post
I know its not a diesel, I was really hoping to buy a diesel actually, but after talking with my mechanics, I just couldn't justify buying a duramax. Mainly because if something breaks on it, its a ton of money to get it fixed most of the time.

The price was well under blue book. It was $23995. It was GM certifed used, came with the remainder of the powertrain warranty (for another year and a half) and also came with the 12month-12,000 mile "bumper-to-bumper" warranty. I'm very happy with it. I love all the options on it too (PW, PL, PM, power folding mirrors, auto dimming rearview mirror, rear window defroster, HD trailering package, integrated trailer brake controller, driver information center, 3 months of Onstar for free, 4x4, side steps, center console, steeriing wheel mounted controls, MP3 hook-up, dual power seats, dual climate control). The only thing I have left to do is put in it is the line-x spray in bedliner and a fisher 8'6" extreme V.
There fixed it for you.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-master man View Post
There fixed it for you.
Now I fixed that for you! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerbrad View Post

The price was well under blue book. It was $23995. It was GM certifed used, came with the remainder of the powertrain warranty (for another year and a half) and also came with the 12month-12,000 mile "bumper-to-bumper" warranty. I'm very happy with it. I love all the options on it too (PW, PL, PM, power folding mirrors, auto dimming rearview mirror, rear window defroster, HD trailering package, integrated trailer brake controller, driver information center, 3 months of Onstar for free, 4x4, side steps, center console, steeriing wheel mounted controls, MP3 hook-up, dual power seats, dual climate control). The only thing I have left to do is put in it is the line-x spray in bedliner and an 8' 2" BOSS v..
Chevy

www.OakwoodLandscapeConcepts.com
Old 08-24-2010, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

No plow is going on this truck. Some of my friends tell me to get the boss V-XT and a back blade, but there is just no way I'm going to do that. I bought this truck to last me the next 10 years, I don't want to start plowing with it and shorten its lifespan. Plus I have already spent way too much this year...new mower, new truck and new trailer.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds