Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-24-2010, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

We hit 101 today. 101 is kinda standard here in July and August. This year it has been very mild running in the early 90s and high 80s.

117 is just down right disgusting.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Once it hits 90, I'm toast. High 80s sucks for me too. My body does not like the heat. Every job I've had since 1985 has been outdoors, and the heat and sun makes my skin ache. My face feels like it's going to be one of those dried up apples. I could deal with more clouds and rain to force me outta this business
Old 08-25-2010, 01:49 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

103 here today.. but less than 20% humidity... I kinda liked it. My joints felt more flexible, less painful today, and without the usual Ibuprofen. Cold coconut water that a health nut customer brought out was nice... frozen yogurt and fruit break in the afternoon was good too. Broke records here yesterday and today, possibly tomorrow, but it's been a cool summer and I just think it's about time we got a little heat.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Been 68 and raining here since Sunday. Supposed to be back to high 80,s again by the weekend.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrig8r View Post
103 here today.. but less than 20% humidity... I kinda liked it. My joints felt more flexible, less painful today, and without the usual Ibuprofen. Cold coconut water that a health nut customer brought out was nice... frozen yogurt and fruit break in the afternoon was good too. Broke records here yesterday and today, possibly tomorrow, but it's been a cool summer and I just think it's about time we got a little heat.
We are supposed to hit 105 today. We're used to it.

Gregg does everyone have A/C units in the bay area? It seems like you would never use it. My friend in San Francisco said it went over 100 yesterday.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGOS View Post
We are supposed to hit 105 today. We're used to it.

Gregg does everyone have A/C units in the bay area? It seems like you would never use it. My friend in San Francisco said it went over 100 yesterday.
I've lived here most of my life and we never had A/C. My brother talked my mom into installing it at her place two or three years ago, but she uses it fewer than 10 days a year.

OTOH, I have some customers in the more affluent areas who seem to have theirs on all the time.

I will admit it was nice at lunch yesterday to chill for a half an hour...only 88 right now, maybe 92 tops today.