Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-08-2010, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwaters View Post
you will always have lowballers, in fact anyone who has been in another line of business is in the same problem. hell if anyone who buys their equipment online is shopping at a lowballer. Face it you can cut lawns with low investment maybe not well but you can do it. Most of the low ballers I see sooner or later go out due to the fact they forget to budget for repairs on equipment but it will always be a revolving door with new ones starting up.
Good point.

Most guys are looking for that quick buck, but in reality you do not make much money the first couple of years.

85 percent of small businesses close in the first year
Old 09-11-2010, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Member

I think the $1 a mintue or so much an hour for mowing is not right. Because what If I am running 2 z's and a walk behind and blowing off with br 600's and stihl trimmers and you got a cub cadet 33 inch with a featherlite? Lawns I just throw a number and $1 a minute I dont know about that. Most of my lawns are $50 and we run a z and a hydro walkbehind with someone weed wacking and they take about 20 mins each esp when we have them in a row I also got some lawns that are $150 to $200 a mow that take less than 2 hours each but are a pain in the ass I say get what you can get for the area