Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-28-2010, 06:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
The human species must continue to exist. If we all become sexually confused potheads we are doomed.
That aint gonna happen. Making gay marriage legal isnt going to make straight people turn gay.
Legalizing weed isnt going to make everyone start smoking.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcg View Post
I say let people do what ever the Hell they want to but stop providing them with a safety net when they fail or can't feed themselves because they're idiots or stoners. If there weren't so many taxpayer funded social programs setup to enable crack heads and losers, we'd have a lot fewer of them.
Now thats the way it should be. With freedoms come responsability.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Inc View Post
That aint gonna happen. Making gay marriage legal isnt going to make straight people turn gay.
Legalizing weed isnt going to make everyone start smoking.
I agree.......
Not going to get in a long diatribe on this topic though. My arguments involve too much graphic description. At the end of the day it's a desire to perform a certain act.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

So, if a table was set before you, laden with every imaginable drug and intoxicant, you would be irresistibly compelled to open a vein and pour it all in?
Old 08-28-2010, 08:28 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't. But that isn't what the govt. is trying to do. Give us more freedom to kill ourselves. They are trying to figure out how to raise tax money by legalizing vices while still providing a safety net. If you are going to legalize everything then let those that go down that path suffer the consequences.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Rant on

All schools ought to make Thomas Jeffersons "The Federal Papers" mandatory course curriculum. Stop kow-towing to world opinion and strap on some sack and BE Americans.

Stop F-ing around in the middle east, fight to win or get out. 55,000 of us died in Viet Nam and never set foot on the enemies soil... WTF? We could have crushed them in 3 months! The rules of engagement are BS. I know, my son just completed his 3rd tour and said he felt he was just a target, can't fire unless fired upon, target ID confirmed, can't raise your voice or manhandle POW. They get better treatment than our own prisoners... WTF squared?

HOW TO STOP ISLAMIC TERRORISTS...... it worked once in our History...

Once in U.S. history an episode of Islamic terrorism was very quickly stopped. It happened in the Philippines about 1911, when Gen. John J. Pershing was in command of the garrison. There had been numerous Islamic terrorist attacks, so "Black Jack" told his boys to catch the perps and teach them a lesson.

Forced to dig their own graves, the terrorists were all tied to posts, execution style. The U.S. soldiers then brought in pigs and slaughtered them, rubbing their bullets in the blood and fat. Thus, the terrorists were terrorized; they saw that they would be contaminated with hogs' blood. This would mean that they could not enter Heaven, even if they died as terrorist martyrs.

All but one was shot, their bodies dumped into the grave, and the hog guts dumped atop the bodies. The lone survivor was allowed to escape back to the terrorist camp and tell his brethren what happened to the others. This brought a stop to terrorism in the Philippines for the next 50 years.

Pointing a gun into the face of Islamic terrorists won't make them flinch.

They welcome the chance to die for Allah. Like Gen. Pershing, we must show them that they won't get to Muslim heaven (which they believe has an endless supply of virgins) but instead will die with the hated pigs of the devil.

Stop pandering to the illegals. Come here as cash labor, no taxes & baby machines so that my hard earned money can pay for their social welfare benefits and health care. Who gives a rats a$$ about world opinion... if you enter China, Russia, Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Chad, Mexico, etc, illegally they torture, jail and maybe even kill you (unless you are an American, then you are a media event). Why even our beloved Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, France and the rest of the Euro community everybody swoons over handle their illegals expeditiously and without recourse.

Used to be a time that if you messed with one American you messed with us all and we sent a bunch of Marines to go shoot everybody dead. It was called gunboat diplomacy and it worked. Now we send a bunch of liberals over to apologize... WTF to the 3rd power?

What are we all to do now? Wring our hands while Iran assembles its nuclear bomb and intercontinental missile capability they got from Russia, China and North Korea where Kim young is sitting with his finger on the trigger having already attacked a South Korean vessel in international waters with nothing more than a strong letter for reprimand? WTF to 4th power!

I know, we'll wait until it's too late, the fit has hit the shan and... yes, we'll call in the apologists for diplomatic efforts and further discussion for a peacefull resolution while the nuclear fallout contaminates Israel, the Gaza and South Korea and maybe even Japan. And wait there's more, we can legalize all the illegals, draft the phuckers and send them over.

(BW sings "From the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli....)
Old 08-28-2010, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
I wouldn't. But that isn't what the govt. is trying to do. Give us more freedom to kill ourselves. They are trying to figure out how to raise tax money by legalizing vices while still providing a safety net. If you are going to legalize everything then let those that go down that path suffer the consequences.
well since there is anorexia, maybe we shouldnt have food. Since their are people who cut themselves, maybe we shouldnt sell razorblades. Since some people sniff glue, maybe we shouldnt sell glue. Since some people are addicted to soda, maybe we shouldnt sell soda. Since bad food makes us fat, maybe we shouldnt sell that too. Going by your logic, we also should not treat any of those problems our people have. Oh yea, MJ is not as addictive as coffee.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 08-28-2010, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

[QUOTE=punt66;3697512]well since there is anorexia, maybe we shouldnt have food. Since their are people who cut themselves, maybe we shouldnt sell razorblades. Since some people sniff glue, maybe we shouldnt sell glue. Since some people are addicted to soda, maybe we shouldnt sell soda. Since bad food makes us fat, maybe we shouldnt sell that too. Going by your logic, we also should not treat any of those problems our people have. Oh yea, MJ is not as addictive as coffee.[/QUOTE]

http://www.spiritualriver.com/is-htt...ana-addictive/ -
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_marijuana_addictive
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...et-your-heroin
http://www.addict-help.com/marijuana.asp
http://www.marijuana-addiction.net/

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/
http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3376
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/us/29marijuana.html
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...htm&ei=9C95TMK
www.drugpolicy.org › Marijuana PFYWisQPk6IztCg&usg=AFQjCNEgHRDZfEm4T_YL2ajmWM6Av8Gj7A

just scratching the surface
Old 08-28-2010, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You can suspend common sense and play mental gymnastics to relate mj to food, razor blades, glue, etc I guess. What goes on in the privacy of your home among consenting adults is your business. When a stoned person gets behind the wheel of a car or drives a school bus then it becomes everybodies business. It stays in your system so long how can you prove you judgment isn't impaired? You can't as far as I know. Alcohol content can at least be tested.

If somebody can function well on mj then my belief is they could function a whole lot better without it. I just find it twisted that a govt. so anxious to take over our HC is on the other hand moving to relax rules on pot. If the govt. was becoming more libertarian then I'd shrug and ignore the whole issue.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Caffeine withdrawal is heck.