Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-28-2010, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
You can suspend common sense and play mental gymnastics to relate mj to food, razor blades, glue, etc I guess. What goes on in the privacy of your home among consenting adults is your business. When a stoned person gets behind the wheel of a car or drives a school bus then it becomes everybodies business. It stays in your system so long how can you prove you judgment isn't impaired? You can't as far as I know. Alcohol content can at least be tested.

If somebody can function well on mj then my belief is they could function a whole lot better without it. I just find it twisted that a govt. so anxious to take over our HC is on the other hand moving to relax rules on pot. If the govt. was becoming more libertarian then I'd shrug and ignore the whole issue.
Your the only one suspending common sense. Do some reading/understanding about the subjects you speak before uttering such nonsense. This from wikpidia for example. Plenty more where that came from. Interesting how the studies say cigs and alcohol are the gateway drugs. Yup throw out that common sense.

Further information: Gateway drug theory
Some claim that trying cannabis increases the probability that users will eventually use "harder" drugs. This hypothesis has been one of the central pillars of anti-cannabis drug policy in the United States,[96] though the validity and implications of these hypotheses are highly debated.[97] Studies have shown that tobacco smoking is a better predictor of concurrent illicit hard drug use than smoking cannabis.[98]

No widely accepted study has ever demonstrated a cause-and-effect relationship between the use of cannabis and the later use of harder drugs like heroin and cocaine. However, the prevalence of tobacco cigarette advertising and the practice of mixing tobacco and cannabis together in a single large joint, common in Europe, are believed to be cofactors in promoting nicotine dependency among young persons investigating cannabis.[99]

A 2005 comprehensive review of the literature on the cannabis gateway hypothesis found that pre-existing traits may predispose users to addiction in general, the availability of multiple drugs in a given setting confounds predictive patterns in their usage, and drug sub-cultures are more influential than cannabis itself. The study called for further research on "social context, individual characteristics, and drug effects" to discover the actual relationships between cannabis and the use of other drugs.[100]

A new user of cannabis who feels there is a difference between anti-drug information and their own experiences will apply this distrust to public information about other, more powerful drugs. Some studies state that while there is no proof for this gateway hypothesis, young cannabis users should still be considered as a risk group for intervention programs.[101] Other findings indicate that hard drug users are likely to be "poly-drug" users, and that interventions must address the use of multiple drugs instead of a single hard drug.[102]

Another gateway hypothesis is that while cannabis is not as harmful or addictive as other drugs, a gateway effect may be detected as a result of the "common factors" involved with using any illegal drug. Because of its illegal status, cannabis users are more likely to be in situations which allow them to become acquainted with people who use and sell other illegal drugs.[103][104] By this argument, some studies have shown that alcohol and tobacco may be regarded as gateway drugs.[98] However, a more parsimonious explanation could be that cannabis is simply more readily available (and at an earlier age) than illegal hard drugs, and alcohol/tobacco are in turn easier to obtain earlier than cannabis (though the reverse may be true in some areas), thus leading to the "gateway sequence" in those people who are most likely to experiment with any drug offered.[97]

Legal status

SOLO OPERATION
Old 08-28-2010, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It's spelled wikipedia. Your brain is fried.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
It's spelled wikipedia. Your brain is fried.
no, i have sausage fingers and a small laptop, I see that is all you have ha?

SOLO OPERATION
Old 08-28-2010, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Another intelligent pothead.

Smoke wafting from a Cadillac Escalade on the Las Vegas Strip ignited Paris Hilton's latest legal troubles late Friday, when a motorcycle officer who suspected the smell was marijuana stopped the vehicle and police say a bag of cocaine fell out of the 29-year-old socialite's purse.

It's the second time this year Hilton has been arrested on drug possession allegations, although authorities in South Africa dropped marijuana charges earlier this summer. In 2007, Hilton pleaded no contest to alcohol-related reckless driving and was sentenced to 45 days in jail.

"Miss Hilton pulled out a tube of lip balm," Sheahan said. "At the same time ... a bindle of cocaine in a plastic bag came out of her purse" in plain view of police in the room.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

A few more intelligent doobie stories.
http://www.smokingwithstyle.com/story_1.htm
Old 08-28-2010, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

(I think it must be love )
Old 08-28-2010, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
I'm calling BS on your BS. Rarely do people start out with heroin or meth for their first drug use. In general, MJ is the first drug people use because it is "not really a drug", and "not bad for you". Bullsh!t. Because of the culture around it, MJ leads to lots of other drugs and even booze. I smoked MJ for the first time when I was 14, which led to speed, then LSD. And quit all them all at 15. And I mean stoned everyday for a year. I never would have tried LSD or speed if it had not been for trying MK and thinking there was nothing wrong with doing it. I did every damn thing possible for the next 3 years to erase the stoner label from my back.

You can not honestly say that MJ does not impair the ability to drive. It reduces your reaction time and who knows what else may have been in the MJ that could make you not function properly.

Sure, some people can use MJ just fine with no problems, and not affect work and personal life, and the same with booze. But too many cannot. It kills motivation and the drive to do anything in way too many people.
Im calling bs on your bs on his bs. Most kids start with alcohol. Want to make that illegal too?
Old 08-28-2010, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Back to the original topic. 72 people never made it to the border. That in itself is a victory.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Somebody please tell me how you test a pothead? They are always going to have THC in their system. When are they stoned or not stoned? When they decide they aren't stoned? So if its legal do we let them drive buses? Operate heavy machinery? Perform open heart surgery? At least with alcohol you can test the person and hold them accountable.
This argument that "Well alcohol is legal so MJ should be too." Doesn't fly with me.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
This argument that "Well alcohol is legal so MJ should be too." Doesn't fly with me.
Completely agree.